Britbike forum
Ok folks, this is a start to restoring the thread started by BrianFromOz. It's a little bit raw, I'll dress it up if it becomes necessary.
Hope you like it, feel free to post your Triumphs!

POST A PIC OF YOUR TRIUMPH (pages 1 to 47)
Here's one of mine, taken about half an hour ago as the sun was setting. A very nice day on the North Coast of British Columbia.

[Linked Image]
A stunning picture! Looks like an advertising brochure.

I've never needed much excuse to post pictures of my bikes. So here is the TR6 after i removed the crash bars and ape hangers.

[Linked Image]

And a more recent picture.

[Linked Image]

and a little video.

[Linked Image]

This is the Bonnie, before and during

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Going to be sometime before i get to the after pictures.

Rod
Thanks for getting this back on the board. Hope they find a way to keep it at the top for easy updating.

Dave

[Linked Image]

My 1969 TR6R resto-mod cafe. Bonnie head, balanced built internals.
Nice! Those Pirelli's look pretty cool on there. What size and how do you like their performance?

Ray
Posted By: wadeschields Post a photo of your Triumph - 05/22/13 1:25 pm
I dont know if anyone wants to start this thread up again but here are some photos that I took of my TT this past weekend when I went to the TSMR .

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Sorry I couldn't decide which one I liked the most.

Posted By: Jon W. Whitley Re: Post a photo of your Triumph - 05/22/13 2:21 pm
Excellent idea!

1957 Triumph 6t Thunderbird 650

[Linked Image]

1971 Triumph TR6R 650

[Linked Image]
Posted By: JubeePrince Re: Post a photo of your Triumph - 05/22/13 3:18 pm
Thanks for resurrecting the thread, Wade!

On the "Snake" at the 13th TSMR:

[Linked Image]

Cheers,

Steve
Posted By: Hillbilly bike Re: Post a photo of your Triumph - 05/22/13 3:43 pm
Circa 1992 on my 750 with a ugly face

[Linked Image]

A year and a half ago building a bobber for a friend

[Linked Image]

8 months ago test riding a cafe racer build for another guy. A tin can for a fuel tank,no seat and a [***] eating grin says it all.

[Linked Image]

Last week fumbling at the controls of the race bike,short sound video
Race Bike

Posted By: JBMorris Re: Post a photo of your Triumph - 05/22/13 5:25 pm
My Baby
[Linked Image]
Posted By: TR6Ray Re: Post a photo of your Triumph - 05/23/13 2:14 am
Great pictures, guys. Hillbilly, what's the secret? You got younger looking as the years rolled by.
Posted By: Jon W. Whitley Re: Post a photo of your Triumph - 05/23/13 3:47 am
Sweet, let's see some more epics of that ! Sounds good and looks very fast !

Originally Posted by Hillbilly bike
Last week fumbling at the controls of the race bike,short sound video
Race Bike

Posted By: Hillbilly bike Re: Post a photo of your Triumph - 05/23/13 11:42 am
Ok, This photo of my shop shows the bike,,Sort of...The race bike leaned against the column. On the work stand I'm fitting a custom fabricated springer to a customer's cohpper.I don't care for choppers but those and hard tail bobber builds are what hillbillys ride.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Dave M Re: Post a photo of your Triumph - 05/23/13 11:28 pm
Great bikes everyone..here's a before and after of my Tr6.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A couple more before and after, same bike:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Posted By: T140V-Rich Re: Post a photo of your Triumph - 05/25/13 12:43 pm
Beautiful bike Dave. Very impressive.

Richard
Posted By: Dave M Re: Post a photo of your Triumph - 05/26/13 11:28 am
Originally Posted by T140V-Rich
Beautiful bike Dave. Very impressive.

Richard

Thank you Rich, it's been a fun bike. A couple more.

Before:
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: malla1962 Re: Post a photo of your Triumph - 06/02/13 9:25 am
67 Bonneville, this is what I started with last september.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

this it it right now
[Linked Image]
Posted By: frankentiger Re: Post a photo of your Triumph - 06/13/13 1:57 am
love that café bike hillbilly and the one on the stand is kinda what I have
Posted By: frankentiger Re: Post a photo of your Triumph - 06/13/13 1:58 am
beautiful bikes everyone
Posted By: OriginalScott Re: Post a photo of your Triumph - 06/16/13 7:05 pm
1979 T140E

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Scott
Posted By: al jam Re: Post a photo of your Triumph - 06/16/13 9:19 pm
[Linked Image]

Posted By: Mr_X Re: Post a photo of your Triumph - 07/01/13 9:47 pm
1979 T140D. smile

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Here's my two. '74 Bonnie & '60 TR6. Pictures are a few years old.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Not technically a restoration, but a scratch build of a Triton.

Starting with a rough '66 Norton "Featherbed" frame-

[Linked Image]

add rough but complete '66 Triumph 650 engine-

[Linked Image]

Add a complete front end from a Suzuki GT550 in order to get the 4 leading shoe brakes-

[Linked Image]

Simmer and stir, slowly adding in all kinds of shiny bits, including some of the late Malcolm "BritBodger" Dixon's collection of M.A.P. go-fast stuff, and we get a pretty nifty '66 TriTonUki

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Yeah, yeah, there are a million Tritons out there these days; right, but I kinda like this one. Something about the proportions seems "right" to me; nothing "sticking out" funny...

GPZ

NICE ! It's a definite 10

Charlie
Beautiful work, GrandPaul, and I learned a new word "TriTonUki".

Ray
Great job Grandpaul. Possible NorSuzUmph? or UkiTriNor or,or?

Ray, pics of the Tr6? smile
Originally Posted by GrandPaul
Not technically a restoration, but a scratch build of a Triton.
GrandPaul, the "restoration" in the title of this thread isn't about the restoration of bikes -- it is the restoration of the Triumph Picture thread that got lost in the big forum mishap. Either way, your pictures fit in just fine.

Originally Posted by Dave M
Ray, pics of the Tr6? smile
O.K. Dave, here are some from today out cruising around just putting on some fairly gentle miles. I guess the Brits call it a bimble in the lanes. I stopped along the way a few times and snapped some pictures:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Ray
http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx111/rflood11/August2013263_zps2ca23aca.jpg

Beginning a restoration of a 1966 Triumph Mountain Cub.
Originally Posted by bsaman25
http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx111/rflood11/August2013263_zps2ca23aca.jpg

Beginning a restoration of a 1966 Triumph Mountain Cub.

[Linked Image]

Very nice and I took the liberty to right click and copy 'properties' and paste it into the 'enter an image' do hicky do.

some of our readers are lazy. . . .
Coolio!
Go to "The Cubsite", it's all there down to the bottom ends.
Fun little bikes with the simplest form of the unit single engines.
You'll be lucky to find a bushing where later models have bearings!

Don in Nipomo
[/quote]O.K. Dave, here are some from today out cruising around just putting on some fairly gentle miles. I guess the Brits call it a bimble in the lanes. I stopped along the way a few times and snapped some pictures:
Ray [/quote]

Great job Ray! Thanks
Built 'er up from two totally trashed Desert Sleds. Center-plug head from Japanese gamble racer, 750, blueprinted crank, etc. Runs very strong! Braced swingarm is a period piece.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image] not a good picture but its the first time I've posted a picture. This is my 1977 T140V
Very nice bike csang and welcome :bigt
Originally Posted by Jon W. Whitley
Very nice bike csang and welcome :bigt

Really! Beautiful bike. I have a '77 that was never painted the factory colors, since we've had it that is. Always liked that Pacific Blue paint scheme.
Nice '77.....my dad had that bike until some pickup truck driver coming the other way made a left hand turn right in front of him. He was fortunate...only a few broken toes. He took the insurance money and bought the Siver Jubilee....

Steve
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

My 62 T'bird. Lovely machine, really. -- From here only 90 days or so to go for good riding weather... smile
2012 winter project 1973 T140V

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Nice job Jim! Mine looked like that too. Black paint, low bars and chrome- beautiful!
1971 Bonneville

[Linked Image]
jimt100, that is a beautiful machine :bigt

Can you tell me where you got the alloy rims from for the Conical rear and disc front wheel and manufacturer of the rims ?

[Linked Image]
Buchanan's attached is a link Excel Dimpled Aluminum Rims - Shouldered

http://www.buchananspokes.net/products/excel_shouldered_aluminum_rims.asp
Excellent, thank you.

Originally Posted by jimt100
Buchanan's attached is a link Excel Dimpled Aluminum Rims - Shouldered

http://www.buchananspokes.net/products/excel_shouldered_aluminum_rims.asp
Here is the beginning of a 1956 T110 am currently restoring.

Attached picture 1956 T110 project (1).JPG
Attached picture 1956 T110 project (2).JPG
Attached picture 1956 T110 project (6).JPG
Great find and glad you were able to rescue it and are restoring it. Look forward to the completed resto !!

Originally Posted by bsalloyd
Here is the beginning of a 1956 T110 am currently restoring.
My t100r of 38 years neede a bit of help.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Did my own powder coating,zinc plating, disassembly , assembly. Painter buddy did tank an side cover /oiltank at cost of material. Started second kick on points. Picture is after first 200 miles I am happy.
What a beauty JDH.
Hello, My name is Kyle Bradley but you can call me Kehbe. I could not find an introduction thread so I figured this was as good a place as any to make my first post. Thanks for accepting me to the group! I had various 'mini' bikes when I was a kid but I first took an interest in Triumphs in 1979. I built my first Triumph bike from swap meet parts in 1981. It was a pretty rough old bike and I actually never even titled it because it was such a mix and match rat! I got serious in 1981 and put together something legal to ride on the street with a builders title. Frame is a 68' with aftermarket hardtail with a 1972 T120R-V #GE25622 motor. I went through the motor completely in 1983. I have more pictures and it looks nothing like this now! Hope to share more but I wanted to make sure the picture uploads okay! Thanks again for the acceptance and looking forward to being a member of the forum! Here is a picture of it in 1985 or 86 [Linked Image]

In 1988 or 89

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ken collins Re: Post a photo of your Triumph - 03/20/14 8:34 am
Nice,like the colour what is the name
t140e owner
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Special thanks to:

Allan Gill for wiring loom

Beezageezeruk for BSA related help and advice

Ignoramus for 1/8" Whitworth Stainless Steel tank badge screws....all the way from New Zealand

And help from many other Britbike forum members for their advice and good hunmour.

2 Years good riding so far and she still runs very sweet
[Linked Image][/URL]

Triton vs Triumph
Welcome Kyle ( Kehbe ) and hope to see and hear more from you. Nice bike and look forward to updated pics too beerchug

[img]http://s155.photobucket.com/user/kehbe/media/1465142_3688195461454_434229072_n_zps9c914893.jpg.html[/img]
Posted By: Kehbe Re: Post a photo of your Triumph - 04/03/14 9:25 am
In the first pic, the blue was 1982 Chevy Camaro blue. The frame was black gloss 'Emron' paint. In the 2nd and 3rd pics I painted the tank and fenders a DuPont 'gun metal gray' with just a touch of silver flake and the frame was actually called 'charcoal gray', I can't remember the brand name.
66 Tr6. Nothing proper or original about it but I do what I can to put the miles on and keep it in good shape.

Back when she was dressed in black at Coney Island.
[Linked Image]

In her new Mist Green a couple of years ago
[Linked Image]

And one at Seneca Lake. This is the view from Finger Lakes Distilling.
[Linked Image]
Thanks Jon,

Will certainly post up some pics as I progress. It's been in storage in pieces for 25 years so it's going to be an adventure but it's coming along! smile
My latest project (as if I need another) is this 1960 T120. Taken to this stage by Nelsonian (NZ) Murray Hunt. Murray already has a 1960 T120 and is now working on a 1959 Bonnie. All that is left to do is rebuild the engine, paint and assemble! Too easy and to me by far the best part!
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Sid.
Yep that's the bike you got from Murray in Nelson. Great start to a easy project. Good luck let us know how you get on. Murray has a mountain of knowledge on Triumphs. You can also get a lot of stuff from Joe Hanna in wellington who is a pre unit expert.
1967 TR6C that I plan to restore:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Welcome to the board Corvus. That bike looks mostly original, w/ hard to find horn, headlight and seat. Great project bike, there's a project board here on BB and we love plenty of pics and detailed members builds. Knowledgable members here will be of help if needed.

If I may ask, was the bike found in the field? Answer an ad? :bigt dave
Very nice! That'll be a sweet ride. If we (BMCCNY) can help let me know - advice and parts requests can be emailed to the club email list. Although it doesn't look like you need a lot of parts - she looks very complete.

Al.
Thanks for the welcome.

Dave, it was your Bonneville restoration project that got me cranked-up about getting another Triumph. I answered a for sale ad for a Trophy and learned that the seller also had this for sale.

Al, I'd like to go to the BMCCNY meet today, but I have to work. So far I've got the tail light and primary cover. I'll put a center stand on, too.

I'm still considering how to proced, and I'll post pictures as it progresses.

Sam
Originally Posted by Corvus
Thanks for the welcome.

Dave, it was your Bonneville restoration project that got me cranked-up about getting another Triumph. I answered a for sale ad for a Trophy and learned that the seller also had this for sale.

Al, I'd like to go to the BMCCNY meet today, but I have to work. So far I've got the tail light and primary cover. I'll put a center stand on, too.

I'm still considering how to proced, and I'll post pictures as it progresses.

Sam

The right place at the right time Sam...real glad another Triumph will be saved, my 67 project thread was started with that hope in mind! :bigt dave
Before
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
After
[img:left]http://[Linked Image][/img]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

At last the finished article!!! A few people have asked about pic's, so here are a few 'before and afters' of the bike that gave me so much hassle!!!
Hard to believe it is the same bike, but it is. She is back to original, including the 78' paint of her birth, Tawny brown and gold (only did this colour in 78!!)
hope you like, and a big thank you to everyone who helped me get here, bit of fine tuning still, but looking forward to the summer!!!

thanks again... Jel

Nice job, Jel.
Great feeling of satisfaction having persevered through the difficult bits.
When I am next at my sisters in Rugby I will look you up.
Best Regards,
Richard (Beard)
Fantastic job, Jel - how long did that take you? Also (if you don't mind me asking) what made you decide not to re-use that super "King & Queen seat"? Is it for sale? laughing

Hi Tidza, I aquired the bike about 5 years ago, took about 2/3 years (ish!) to restore (wasn't in a rush)did about a thousand miles or so but she never ran very well, erratic starting, etc.... (you may have seen my posts) Stripped engine down again (re recent posts!!)Found a few issues which I rectified and which were obviously down to my inexperience!!? Got to say I have learnt a lot, especially from this site...
The King and Queen seat?? Well decided she needed to back to original, and the brown seat goes well with the paint...
I still have that seat in the loft and i guess it is no good to me, pretty cool.. original 70's K & Q seat in excellent condition!!!

Hi Richard, Yeah maybe see you when you're back in Blighty!!

Cheers guys, Jel
Hi Richard

Seems you did a great job - 2 to 3 years seems quite quick to be, given the amount of work that's obviously gone into it. Did you have the paintwork completed locally? It looks pretty good - I'm looking for someone to do my '77 TR7RV tank, preferably not too far from Derbyshire. Could you advise who did yours and if you're pleased with it (which I assume you are, if it's half as good as the photos suggest).

Only joking about the K&Q seat - nice period piece though! grin

Charlie
Jel - not Richard! blush Sorry!
Hi Charlie,

paint was done by a nice chap called Paul at KAS Racepaint in Kettering, which wouldn't be that far from you?? Yes very pleased with it...top quality... They do have a website with a gallery, have a look...or give him a call, he's very helpful.

Think it was nearer to 3 years, but think I have spent longer trying to get her running right than actually re-building!!! crazy...

Guessed you were joking about the seat... but thought I could
use the opportunity for a plug!!!! wink

cheers Jel...
Just picked up this '59 TRW. Almost complete and matching #'s, came with the rack but no pillion pad or front plate.

[Linked Image]

Sorry, having trouble loading the image from flicker

I love the colour, but I don't think it is the factory correct colour or as it was when it left the factory. I also don't think the year was '59/60.
Frame & engine #'s are 27496NA, which puts it either 59 or 60 according to the lists I've seen. I've got it torn down to clean and sort out, all indications are the paint is totally original. The blue is Canadian Airforce, or so I've been told. Brian Slark in the Barber video mentions the Blue TRW's at the end of this video.

Triumph TRW
Mmmm, interesting video.

Engine numbers: (I am no expert here but this is what I see).
1951: 101NA - 15808NA
1952: 15809NA - 2500NA and then there was a change in the numbering 25000 - 32302
1953: 32303 - 44134

The number you have provided 27496NA does not fit within these ranges. Is it possible you wrote the number down incorrectly?

I would not change much until you know more, other than looking for more parts and doing research. Who knows what you have may actually be quite an important and a valuable bike.

What you need to do is take photos of the engine, frame and gearbox numbers and make an enquiry to the VVMC http://www.vmcc.net/ Look up the library section http://www.vmcc.net/aboutus/library/FactoryRecords.aspx and they will be able to give you factory information on the bike. You can also email me with the photos and I will see what I can find for you.

As to the colour "Canadian Blue" as described in the video it is quite possible that the bike was painted that colour after it left the factory. If you contact the VMCC and also include a photo of the bike and the link to the video they maybe able to help.

You can also contact the TOMCC UK http://www.tomcc.org/ with the same information. http://www.tomcc.org/Dating.aspx Look down at the bottom of the page. They will most properly reply quicker. They have the same info as the VMCC but only for Triumph.

Triumph Bulletin 235 gives the colours of all bike from 1945 - 1962 and that colour does not come up with that bulletin.
I forgot to ask. Did you get a title or any paper work with the bike? You might want to also check for a police clearance etc. What did you pay for it? You can PM me with the reply.
Yes, I have the Title and records for the bike and are acquainted with the last two previous owners. I paid a fair market value for a TRW project bike. The numbering sequence is specific to War Dept. Issue bikes and is correct as listed on the frame, engine, title and registration. I'm fairly sure it is just bone stock TRW in blue. Not to worry, I'm not changing, painting or adding anything, just cleaning, and routine maintenance. I appreciate the patina it has achieved, it has aged well!

Here is the Serial # data Base from Vintage Bike Magazine

Military – TRW Military 500cc Side-Valve Twins
YEAR ENGINE NUMBERS
1950 14401N-14459N
1951 6044NA – 1432ONA
1952 22001NA – 22838NA
1953 22839NA – 23273NA
1954 23274NA – 23322NA
1955 23323NA – 23597NA
1956 23598NA – 25447NA
1957 25448NA – 27127MA
1958 27128NA – 27175NA
1959 27176NA – 27346NA
1960 27347NA – 27645NA
1961 27646NA – 28185NA
1962 28186NA – 28464NA
1963 28465NA – 28827NA
1964 28828NA – 29605NA

It falls early in 1960, some lists I've seen it late 59.
Originally Posted by Fetch
Frame & engine #'s are 27496NA, which puts it either 59 or 60 according to the lists I've seen. I've got it torn down to clean and sort out, all indications are the paint is totally original. The blue is Canadian Airforce, or so I've been told. Brian Slark in the Barber video mentions the Blue TRW's at the end of this video.

Triumph TRW

So was the number correct that you posted? I have posted the photo for you. I will see what I can find for you.

[Linked Image]
Mmmm, sweet. I haven't seen that list before. My interests is '59 - 62 Bonneville's. But I really like your bike. Well lets see what I can find.
Thanks for posting the full size photo. I'm still learning how all this works.
According to the list from British Only, which appears to mirror the Vintage Bike Magazine list you posted, it is a 1960 model year TRW and your TRW is a very beautiful machine I might add. :bigt

http://www.britishonly.com/tech/joust/techtiptriumphmf.htm

Originally Posted by Fetch
Frame & engine #'s are 27496NA, which puts it either 59 or 60 according to the lists I've seen.

Triumph TRW
Fetch I sent you a PM.

TRW 27496NA built on 14th August 1959 and fitted with Gearbox 111976. It was dispatched to Ministry of Supply, London to Invoice No. 28025/A. And was one of 297 built for the year 1960. There you have every thing on the bike.
Wow! Triple matching #'s, frame, engine & gear box Thank you very much for the research and information.

Where did you find the info? Might be useful for other members too.
Here's my 59 5Ta as I bought it 3 or 4 years ago

[Linked Image]

5 years earlier the PO had done an engine rebuilt, belt drive conversion and fitted EI hence the later timing cover. He then took unwell and was unable to ride the bike, I was able to purchase it and with a bit of light recommissioning it now looks like this

[Linked Image]
1951 Triumph Thunderbird. This bike won pre'58 Best in Show last week at the Greenwich, CT Concours D' Elegance.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
That certainly is a beautiful machine VTS. :bigt
Lookin' good, VTS.
Posted By: TT Rider Re: Post a photo of your Triumph - 06/24/14 11:55 am
Hi there - your photos all seem a little screwed - is there any way you could fix them please? Love the TT! Thanks
Posted By: wadeschields Re: Post a photo of your Triumph - 08/21/14 11:39 am
[Linked Image]

The latest photos of my bike in use.....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
66 TR6R just home.
First day out in the open air after almost 2yr rebuild.
[Linked Image]
First time on the road in who knows how long.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Beautiful bike
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg306/mswanton/IMG_3127.jpg [Linked Image]

I forgot how much fun it was riding on the beach!
Yikes Mike, do you do that often? The picture made me wince, knowing what the salty air and sand does to chrome and other ferrous metals. Well be sure to give it a good bath and oiling afterward - that bike is too nice looking to be a beach rat.
Bill - I ride in NH all the time -- Hope you don't pass me going the other way -- It could be dangerous - I can't help but take my eyes off the road when a bike like that goes by!!
My recently acquired T140D project. Will be putting it back to T140 specs as not too keen on the Special. This is a "before" shot.
[Linked Image]
G'day all. Back in the game with the next project, a 1968 Trophy. Not my dream machine but it arrived at the right price.

[Linked Image]
Hello Bruce,
What's that front brake off?
If a 68's not your preference, what would be? ( just curious)
Sean.
Hi Sean

I'm still in the process of doing an inventory and getting the proper parts lists for this one. Not sure what is mis-matched and what is not. I think the front brake is right but what do I know at this point.

I got the 250 because I can get back into the british bikes without spending a fortunate on a basketcase and my 17 year old (who is interested in getting his license) can ride it rather than some crotch rocket that will get him in trouble.

I've had a number of 650 twins over the years, a 1966 Thunderbird, a 1969 and a 1971 Bonnville, and a 1969 BSA firebird. I would say my preference would be to have another 1964 through 1968 Bonnie, but happy to be back in this with any Triumph.
Idiot me. I wasn't looking at it properly. Saw 68 Trophy and assumed it was the twin!

Sean
Here's my 66 Thunderbird, as it was when I got it, and as is sits now. Looooove this bike.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Yeah, the first pic was more like the one I had. I have to dig through some photos and find it. I much prefer what you did with her since! Well done.
Thanks. I hope you noticed the blinkers from some Japanese bike stuck onto the sissy bar. Or the band iron holding the taillight in place. Classic.
You all should be very proud of your photo's and your bike's they are a credit to your workmanship. jjj.
Very nice job Vdog....a beauty saved, good on ya!

My 69 Daytona w/ a single carb.....

[Linked Image]

What a beautiful bike! I especially like the color scheme. Single carb is the way to go as far as I'm concerned.
[Linked Image]
Not exactly a restoration project (being only a few weeks old)but still looks great
but for the start of spring its colder than most of last winter
Paul
I know it's not stock, but I like it like this. On the road soon.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ricochetrider Re: Post a photo of your Triumph - 03/24/15 11:00 am
Originally Posted by Jon W. Whitley
Excellent idea!

1957 Triumph 6t Thunderbird 650

[Linked Image]

HOLY MAC-A-ROLI clap

(where's that *drool* emoti when I need it?)
Posted By: ricochetrider Re: Post a photo of your Triumph - 03/24/15 11:13 am
My recent acquisition, 66 'bird

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Lannis Re: Post a photo of your Triumph - 03/24/15 11:18 am
Originally Posted by ricochetrider
My recent acquisition, 66 'bird

[Linked Image]

That's looking better every time I see it. Can't wait to see it and hear it on a ride sometime!

Lannis
Posted By: Cloggy Re: Post a photo of your Triumph - 04/07/15 12:42 pm
My pride and joy is a 1951 Triumph 6T Thunderbird. The photos show the before and after. I have made a website showing the restoration (this is my first attempt at a website so be kind) you can view at at this link:

Triumph 6T Pre unit Restoration

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Hillbilly bike Re: Post a photo of your Triumph - 04/07/15 7:08 pm
My recently completed 70 Bonneville 750 I built from a pile of mismatched parts.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Tazaroo Re: Post a photo of your Triumph - 04/13/15 10:24 pm
So here is the 69 TR6C that I got a few months ago. My buddy and I just got her down the stairs into my basement where I can take my sweet time regardless of the weather and restore her. The motor runs fine but the clutch lever can't move and she'll be torn down to the frame. Any thoughts on where I should start? I plan on taking many pictures of how the original wiring was routed and proper placement of the original items.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: GrandPaul Re: Post a photo of your Triumph - 04/17/15 5:43 pm
Originally Posted by Cloggy
My pride and joy is a 1951 Triumph 6T Thunderbird.

[Linked Image]

VERY nice indeed...
Posted By: ken collins dry fitting bits 4 different models - 04/25/15 11:24 pm
[Linked Image]
hi guys its just about finished that's if they ever are done couple hundred miles now all seems fine cant wait to really open her up like to thank all the guys that helped me out along the way especially pete r from down under
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
My buddy finished up a really excellent paint job on his four wheeled TR6 and gave me a ride in it yesterday. We stopped by home and I rolled out my two wheeled TR6 so they could get acquainted. My bike is a '64, and his car is a '74:

[Linked Image]

Very nice Ray. Always thought the Triumph TR6 was a cool looking car, apparently it's masculine design was thanks to a German Chap.

Either way, the two wheeled TR6 is still looking lovely!

Rod
wasn't the first triumph motorcycles also made in Germany or by a German man,
the tr4/5/6 and spitfire are all great looking cars
I bought this bike in Dec 1973, with 800 plus miles on the odometer, from a fellow who had owned it for less than a year. Per the serial number, it left Meriden in Dec 1972, part of the 1973 model run. SFAIK, that was before conditions at the plant and its supply chain began to deteriorate.
The build quality is superb, the design obviously the result of many years of refinement. I’ve ridden it infrequently since then, never more than a few hundred miles per year, it now has about 5000 miles. The engine has never been disassembled.

A faithfully restored Triumph is a thing of beauty, especially the 500 cc Datonas. However, I tend to modify the machines I own. I call this one Old Trusty, after the telex contact at Meriden in 1973. About two years ago, I began to slowly renovate and attend to some neglected maintenance. This project is largely complete now. Many thanks to the experts here for valuable advice, especially with the tires. The project entailed the following:

1. Front forks rebuilt and new brake pads installed
2. Engine tuned up, new NGK BR8ES spark plugs installed
3. Fitted Seager oversize exhaust spigots with high temp thread sealant
4. Designed and fitted an extra support bracket for the exhaust pipe
5. Cleaned fuel tank and replaced fuel spigots
6. Installed Hagon road shocks, set at middle notch, just right
7. Installed ContiGo tires, 4.00x18 and 3.25x19, very sticky
8. Installed LED turn signals

There is always more aluminum polishing to be done, and I really want to replace the current battery box assembly with something smooth that hides the battery, but for now she is running like a top and looking much better.
BTW, I can’t help but notice the 18 and 19-inch wheels on the T140 line look so much better than the little 17-inchers on the new Hinckley bikes. - CW

[Linked Image]
looks good lets see a cuppla more pics what are you going to do about side panels?
She is coming along, should power up the harness tonight, where is scotty when you need him.
[img:center]https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B01Qc21GR6rnMGdPbE5KeEt3cnc/view?usp=sharing[/img]

Regards

Brett
Originally Posted by raf940
looks good lets see a cuppla more pics what are you going to do about side panels?
Thanks, raf. Here are a few more pics. Rather than re-create something similar to stock side panels, instead I plan to re-design the battery box assembly.

The current sheet metal assembly is held on with four bolts, so I can take it out and work on it. It is ugly, understandable since it was intended to be hidden behind the panels. I don't mind the two coils sticking out, mine are painted glossy black, in keeping with the naked look. The tool tray portion of the assembly is ok as is, since its tucked up under the seat, mostly out of sight.

What needs to be changed is the battery tray itself. I envision a smooth, sheet metal box, enclosing the whole battery and painted glossy black. - CW

PS: I had her out today on the I-90 freeway, cruising at 62 mph in 5th gear, about 4000 rpm. The T140 motor seems supremely happy at that speed, minimal vibration and plenty of available torque for passing and lane changes. I can't complain.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Chas,
That exhaust system looks very much like the Jardine system I installed on these two bikes back in the 70's

[Linked Image]

Jardine told me they were the last two they had and they would never make them again. That's a pity as they had a great sound and really spread out the power throughout the rev range, just the way I like it.

I was just wondering where you got it and if you know the history of it.

Cheers,
Bill
Originally Posted by HawaiianTiger
Chas,
That exhaust system looks very much like the Jardine system I installed on these two bikes back in the 70's

...snip...

Jardine told me they were the last two they had and they would never make them again. That's a pity as they had a great sound and really spread out the power throughout the rev range, just the way I like it.

I was just wondering where you got it and if you know the history of it.

Cheers,
Bill
Bill: My bike was shipped from Meriden in Dec 1972, then sold to a young fellow in San Mateo California in early 1973. He had ambitions to set it up as a "desert sled" and started stripping off various parts such as the center stand. When I bought from him (on consignment at the original Triumph dealer) in Dec 1973 it already had this 2 into 1 system installed. I didn't get a chance to ask who made it, but it appears to be part of a production run as the welds etc are professionally executed.

It has a muffler insert that is held inside the flared end with a single bolt. While the system performs well enough and sounds good, the original set up attached the unit in only two places, near the aft end at the right pax foot peg and up front clamped to the exhaust stubs. This turned out to put too much strain from vibration on the exhaust stubs. Over the intervening 40 years and 5000 miles, the stubs worked loose and became corroded badly, esp on the right side. My negligence contributed to this situation.

I recently replaced the worn stubs with oversize units from Seager, set in place with permanent threadlocker. I also fabricated a clamp to attach the tubes to the frame using the right hand center stand bracket, giving the unit some additional support to minimize stress on the exhaust stubs. I intend to check tightness of the stubs frequently.

Question: If it ever becomes necessary to replace these old headers, who makes the best 2into1 exhaust system for T140 Triumphs these days? thx - CW
Sorry, I use stock or near stock exhaust on my bikes exclusively these days. All this talk about getting more power from open exhaust is just talk. Real world riding.....the stock exhaust works best, has a better spread of power, is actually faster in traffic and sounds the best. In addition to these, you won't have flat spots, lean spots, or hole a piston because you can't find the correct jetting at all points in the rev range and speeds.

Some folks love to fit TT pipes on their bikes. In my opinion, all that noise spoils the ride. Plus, there can be more power, but it's in the upper rev range where the vibrations are usually the worst. For the life of me, I can't see why anyone would do such a thing.

Cheers,
Bill
Some of us like numb hands/arms, and don't feel there is anything else worth listening to.

I'm on my third marriage, and being partly deaf is a blessing.

Side benefit... In a small town everyone knows where to find you.

Oh yeah... Here's my project as I found her. In a diesel mechanics shop/basement (10+ years) [Linked Image] that was converted into a bar/restaurant.
Here's what I bought:

[Linked Image]

Someone had done all the hard work, but there was a myriad of parts missing: electrics, ignition, mudguards, cables, battery and battery holder, fuel taps - the list seemed endless. There was a dent in the fuel tank, the carburetters were shagged, there were some OIF parts, and the exhaust push rods both moved together! Some £1000/$1500 later, this is how she looks now:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Work to do: replace seat cover with correct '68 item, and fix leak in gearbox where some oaf had prised the outer cover off with a screwdriver and ruined the mating surfaces.
Originally Posted by TOG
Here's what I bought:

Someone had done all the hard work, but there was a myriad of parts missing: electrics, ignition, mudguards, cables, battery and battery holder, fuel taps - the list seemed endless.

LOL... I feel your pain. Barely!

Very pretty bike.
If you could buy one of those new for 6k, they'd be all over the streets.

My only modification to this bike would be to cut the seat down about an inch. Not for comfort or anything... they just look better that way.

Cheers,
Bill
The seats always were ugly in the 60's 70's. Not just Brit bikes but most all of them.

Funny how my favorites all go back to the 40's, and earlier.
I see what you mean about the seats Tiger... What a night, and day difference.
I thought they were the same bike, like before, and after. Had to look at the posters to see.
[Linked Image]

Good seeing Triumphs returned to the road, nice work guys.

This 67 is a long project recently finished. She idles steady, pulls great.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Dave M...simply stunning bike! good...no...great job!
Thanks raf, she's a honey.
After a couple years pocking my nose into this forum I have finally obtained a classic Triumph 78 T140E so that I can join in the fun. It is still original (95%) with the patina look. At present I just intend to ride her and enjoy and if I feel like it some time down the track do a restore but all I am going to do is change the bars to UK and if I can for the right dollars fit a UK tank.

Chris

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Thought I'd post a few pictures of the '61 Bonneville I picked up last week. It's missing the original seat, front/rear mudguards, mufflers, and gauges, but I was very happy to find a decent looking (and running) preunit. Stock sky blue had been covered up with black, and the engine features the competition Lucas mag
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

And here is the Pre next to my 72 TR6R. Both will be getting some love this winter

[Linked Image]
NickL, that is really nice! I always knew, deep down, you had some semblance of humanity! ( not to mention also taste and true appreciation )
Posted By: Sirius Triumph T100SS 1963 - 10/15/15 9:32 am
[Linked Image]

Result after 25 years of rebuild ,back on the road at last
Posted By: shel Re: Triumph T100SS 1963 - 10/15/15 11:15 am
That's beautiful
Originally Posted by VincentEsposito
Thought I'd post a few pictures of the '61 Bonneville I picked up last week. It's missing the original seat, front/rear mudguards, mufflers, and gauges, but I was very happy to find a decent looking (and running) preunit. Stock sky blue had been covered up with black, and the engine features the competition Lucas mag
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

And here is the Pre next to my 72 TR6R. Both will be getting some love this winter

[Linked Image]

Nice bikes Vincent. Long shot here but you wouldnt happen to be related to Micheal Esposito from Queens would you? He has passed away now but lived across from John's cycle center in Queens . Big flat track racer in the 50's and 60's

Great, so sweet man looks awesome. Love the tail pipe. Love to know what you paid.
I'm trying to decide which direction to go with this 1958 TR6. Frame and engine numbers match. I just got it running after years of storage. It had the usual bolt on "chopper goodies" like extended forks, incorrect front wheel, Mustang tank, pullback bars, cobra seat, etc. but the frame was not altered. I've slowly been collecting a few parts.The 57 year old Lucas mag is still making sparks (so far) and it run/rides. It'll eventually get a complete refurb. I'm not a fan of stock bikes so I'm probably going with some period mods.
[Linked Image]

Bob
This is my 1970 T120R, bought it in 1989
[Linked Image]
Our '59 street brat [Linked Image]

Got me another Triumph!

Wanted to share!
Traded my old 240D Mercedes for this early production '71 4 speed bike in top running condition!

I have a couple (dead) OIF bikes and I understand the earlier ones were weak at the welds here the swinger and the backbone come together.
If anyone has an Idea or a diagram of a gusset that can re-inforce this it would be much appreciated. I do intend to get this old bird to 50,000 miles

...AHh! Just realized the forum is not google photo friendly and you cant make me go back to photobucket!
imgur is a vast improvement.

quick, easy, and no stupid little kitten telling you your account will be right back.

http://imgur.com/
Took the Tiger out today. Running great, what a pleasure. I sold this bike new in August 1969, bought it back April 1974.

[Linked Image]
Here's my pal Bob with his TRW when we dug her out and rode her around a couple weeks ago:

[Linked Image]
Nice patina! If it runs as well as it looks, it needs nothing. Bob's a lucky chap.
Hi Guys, looking for some detailed photos of 1959 Speed Twin. I you have any please post or contact me, thanks Bushy
I got this baby, and will attempt to bring it in working condtition.
Its currently not running.
My experience in bike restoration, is on the 2 Bantams i did (D1 1952, D10 sport 1967).
I will probably need as much help as possible...

[Linked Image]
Welcome aboard, Dimitris.

This looks a nice original example. I had a '65 Cub, back in '72/73 that I'd swapped for a D7 Bantam. It was a bit of a bitza (same colour, but brush painted) with the early engine like in yours. From what I recall I always had carb and timing issues. The Amal was a strange one (not Monobloc) and the distributor kept slipping. All easy to resolve now, but back then I had very little knowledge and even less money.

All the best. If you need advice, you'll find plenty of the good kind on this Forum.

Pete
Let's see. When I first bought my old computer it came with a nifty feature to modify pics. Needless to say, I used it a bit then it disappeared, go figure!
This is my 68 Bonneville. [Linked Image]
My old Daytona, 1971 Model. Not original colors.Had it from 1982 till 1998!
[Linked Image]
Recently acquired ORIGINAL 1959 T120R Bonneville, first year, unrestored

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Not the original seat, meter is smashed and lots of rust, single carb head. But it has excellent verified provenance.

Looking for an original head & seat.

Maybe my once-in-a-lifetime find...

Restored 1970 T120R Bonneville

Fairly recent resto by a now-deceased previous owner. I sold my scruffy '70 "TrophyVille" to buy this one.

[Linked Image]

I need to paint the tank logos, and fix a rear flat from my most recent ride, but it's a first-kick starter every time.
How about some more recent photos?
These are the most recent that I have of these 2 bikes.
Here's my 'new' T140. Yes, far from original, but matching numbers and fairly un-bodged as far as I can see so far (2 days!).

[Linked Image]

After a few initial hiccups she's now a first kick starter. (at first I thought it might be an expensive ornament!) I was on tenterhooks for 2 weeks waiting for it to come from interstate, because I bought it on trust sight unseen - the price was pretty low so it was a bit of a gamble. But, so far it seems pretty damn good... I think I love it! Plenty of fettling and schmikkin' up to do, but in a good cause.
[Linked Image]

This is my original 1968 Triumph TR6R 650. Everything has been apart, inspected, and cleaned from the forks, electrical, wheels, oil system, etc, but we retained all the original "patina". In fact, the motor is being rebuilt now due to the crankshaft roller bearing spinning on the crank.... None the less, it will be back on the road, again.

You can read the full blog here https://www.classicbritishspares.co...ginal-1968-triumph-tiger-tr6r-motorcycle
My sweet '72 Bonnie -

[Linked Image]
My unrestored '71 Trophy 500 T100C - just rebuilt top-end with NOS Hepolite .020+ pistons & rings, new Amal carb as original had warped slide that would stick in full throttle position, new tires & gaiters of course - otherwise original - I purchased from original owner who bought it in Denmark new, I have original sales receipt:

[Linked Image]
My unrestored, all original '74 Trident T150V - original owner did rebuild top-end about 1,500 miles and 9 years before I got it only because cylinder head was leaking oil; I purchased it with only about 50 miles added after original owner sold it (PO put HD mirrors on it, I put originals back on it) I have original sales receipt.:

[Linked Image]
My inherited 1970 TR6R with the Bonneville head swap and Kimtab/disc brake swap I did.

Now:
[Linked Image]

What I started with:
[Linked Image]
Beautiful job, Marc. Congrats!

Dragon's Head, Snake's Tail = A good beginning and a bad end.

The pipes were beat, so I stuck 'em in a power saw and hacked 4" sections out of them behind the mount, then shortened and slash-cut the tail pipes. They now produce a nice fruity burble at low rpm and a satisfying bark when you whack open the throttle. Much better-looking than the dowdy stockers as well.

The rear fender got smashed up by some idiot who was power-sliding the bike on dirt roads in the Mojave Desert (me), so I took the Sawzall and gave it a bob job. Only thing left now is to decide what to do about the seat.

Not so much a restoration as a resurrection.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Love it, Nick.

As a pal said about my MG "it looks as if it's been well campaigned" aka patina in spades.

66 TR6R
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

beerchug

As projects go, this is more an oily rag and turn of the wrench.

'59 TRW as purchased and posted earlier
[Linked Image]

And now with the motor rebuilt, proper fender stays, rack and pillion pad.

[Linked Image]

Okay you guys. Here goes. Do people still talk 750RT's here?

I'm going to restore my 1970 Bonneville T120RT 750 for show at the Clubman's All British Weekend in San Jose on March 25th. What do you think? Will I make it?

And after April 1st, this is the year we will Make Vaporblasting Great Again! MVGA !!!
My 71 T25t
thought I would put a shot of it here on the Triumph board
Couldn't bring myself to put 'SS' decals on the side covers

[Linked Image]

Cheers
Dennis B
My '71. Almost there.

[Linked Image]
My '68. Just getting re-interested, got it this far along a few years back and ran into a problem with matching head and rocker boxes. Got put on the back burner.

[Linked Image]Untitled by Bill Smith, on Flickr

Posted By: zotz Re: Post a photo of your Triumph - 06/23/17 10:26 pm
[Linked Image]

my 1969 T100S
Interesting, left side is a alternator, right side cover is for a generator.
[Linked Image]

Work in progress ........... slow progress!
The head and barrels shown in my avatar.
1970 TR6R, abandoned 1975 in a damp San Francisco cellar. I inherited the rusted hulk and brought it back to life. It's a rider, not a restoration.
[Linked Image]

Here's where we started:
[Linked Image]

A year later:
[Linked Image]

Have been making steady small improvements. Runs great and I'm riding it daily now.

Looks a great machine and oh so ready to ride, Masia! Interesting the home market bars on a Californian bike.
I put those Euro-spec bars on (and the BSA front fender . . . )
In process . . . waiting for the sheet metal to get back from painting. '71 Bonneville.

[Linked Image]
This is basically how I got the bike
[Linked Image]

This is after a new seat and new exhaust
[Linked Image]
[img][IMG]http://i64.tinypic.com/213530z.jpg[/img][/img]

Bought in South Africa now in Quebec Canada. New Pistons and top end, Boyer ignition and rear sets.
My 2 Triumph

59 Triumph Tiger Cub
62 TR6SS Trophy[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Hello I have just bought a Triumph 3TA and have decided to do a complete restoration.How is the cowling on the headlight removed.The workshop manual I have doesn`t cover this Len Cottam
Lovely black TR6 custom.
In keeping with the bikes with black paint, here's my custom Blackbird replica.
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Photo location; Kula Park, Kula, Maui Hawaii.
I call it the Black Tiger because it is a mix of Thunderbird and Tiger 110 parts.
Features.
'57 6T Motor and trans
58-59 Frame (factory replacement frame with no numbers. I've stamped the engine numbers on it for a match.
60-62 Forks and front fender
54-56 tank and rear fender.
Short sport seat ala '59 Bonnie
Alternator and distributor electrics.
T110 head and 389 Carb.
3134 profile hardened cams
69-70 TLS front brake
Cheers,
Bill

wow wee!
Wonderful. The Blackbird might be my favorite of all time. Good Job Bill. Paint looks great! Nacelle's are awesome.
Here's my project. It's a T100C that my dad bought in 1990 and has sat out in various barns ever since. Pretty sure it was thrown together from junkyard parts, because most of it is right for 1968, although the engine and frame numbers say it's a 1967.

This is how it was when I got it back in May. Please note the block of wood that was used as a primary case plug.
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]
Here's how far I've gotten. Just got into the engine the other day. This my first restoration, so I'm learning it all as I go along.

I brought this '79 T 140 V home some time back and I will be starting in on it now that the latest Norton project is done and gone...

Not a full blown restoration however, lots of little things to do on it... The carbs are in the ultrasonic cleaner now, I have the correct rear seat rail, paint probably, top end gaskets, we will see how things progress..

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Just acquired a 1974 Triumph Bonneville T120. Trying to figure out how to post pic. Just 6771 miles on the clock. Tank has been repainted to original purple/white. Looks great. Hopefully will be at Mid Ohio next year.

Hey all:

Here is a shot of my 1966 T100sc that I've been working on for the last few months. Just under 5600 original miles and it's been sitting since the mid 1970's, but was stored in a garage and had all the fluids drained. Before and current pics below.
[img]https://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=4278&pictureid=22394[/img]
[img]https://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=4278&pictureid=22560[/img]

This is a picture of my regular rider. Love the bike. Starts first kick and smooth as a Triumph could be.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/09hvBhP_16BWbZnXbGYV3m8kQ[/img]
my fav color combo
[Linked Image from bayarearidersforum.com]

cool , do you have the E.T sorted ?
The difference in the exhaust pipes on Army Mutt's '67 Bonneville emphasize how the CORRECT exhaust pipes follow the curved lines of the bike, and how many reproduction exhaust pipes are too "angular," because they look like their maker bent them over his knee.
Irish,
The original pipes were drawn as opposed to mandrel bent, like Armours and other do it. My understanding is that LF Harris has the original tooling for these pipes so if you want the correct contour, they are probably the only supplier that can do it properly.
It's been a while since Keith Moore told me this story so things might have changed since.
Cheers,
Bill
https://imgur.com/a/saoq661

Hello everyone,
In 1976 I wrecked my 71 TR6C. Not having time or money, she went into a shed. I turn 70 in Jan, so it now or never to get Betsy running again. Have been reading and relearning what I forgot from you kind folks.
Thanks in advance for the help I going to need.
Noe
1968 American import T100C

Work done:

Bike bought with engine overhauled
New carb
Boyer EI
New coils, plugs, leads
New ammeter
Retrofitting Indicators at the moment
New Lucas Rec/Reg
New rubber foot pegs

Photos:

[img]https://flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/48539442906/in/dateposted-public[/img]

My father has a 66 T90 too

https://flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/48986989261/in/dateposted-public

And my Grandad's 66 T90 was restored by my Uncle

https://flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/48986435668/in/dateposted-public
[img]http://flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/48539442906/in/dateposted-public[/img][img]http://https://flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/48539442906/in/dateposted-public[/img]
Okay, let's try this again shall we? Just picked up a 1971 T120R Basket Case and have been working like crazy to get her road worthy. An old friend was diagnosed with late stage cancer and wants to go riding. I'll do a full restoration once Jim can no longer ride. The photo linked (but not being too cooperative) is from the weekend I brought it home. I assembled everything to do a full inventory. Compression is good and there are no dings so I've got a very good starting point.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/[email protected]/uf9Ztk

Now I've just got to figure out what's going on with this bloody image.
I am in the initial stage of refurbishing a 1971 Tiger TR6R that is not in a basket, but likely will be before I finish. I has been mildly customized then literally left in a barn for at least five years and is dirty and has some rust, too, so dis-assembly is needed to clean and/or replace lots of parts..
Since trying to make it stock again would be really expensive, I am going to maintain the customization: chrome fenders (versus painted originals) without fender stays and non-OEM tail light, buckhorn handlebar, liftbar eliminated, tank paint customized, etc. Nearly all the rubber parts need to be replaced and some of the chrome will need to be re-plated or replaced.
So keep updating your project and I will try to do the same.
Posted By: Tribsauk My 57 Thunderbird.. - 04/30/20 10:48 am
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Just finished this project, 74 T100r Daytona. last of the line 26th from production end, registered as a 1977 but has been off road since 1979 with snapped off spark plug ,never had it,s first UK mot. Also I was first to open up engine since the factory built it, very low miles with a clean sludge trap even..Next project is a rigid T110...
Posted By: slofut My latest Triumph Tr6r - 05/06/20 12:35 pm
This just landed im my lap, friend steered me to it Monday morning and by lunch I had it home. I bought it from the second owner who bought it in '77, and the original owner I know personally. The guy said "it was this ugly green so I immediately painted it red". My '68 was a three year restoration, since this one is totally original exe paint, I'm gonna do a riding freshen up like my honda 360. I'm so glad I didn't take that bike completely apart.

Attached picture IMG_1329.jpeg
Attached picture IMG_1330.jpeg
Attached picture IMG_1337.jpeg
Will start this after I finish 2 other projects. Doing a Old School Cafe.

Attached picture CAF7D342-DB6F-43D2-A6DC-EE1A9D5CCD15.jpeg
Just joined the group - just getting around to restoring my 1968 TR6C that I bought brand new in February 1969. I took it apart to clean the sludge trap in 1998, had the cylinders lined and bored, had the head done, got new pistons, gaskets, seals, etc. and then it sat in my garage for 22 years while life happened. So now I'm determined to bring her back to life. Here's a pic - some detail work remains before she's ready to run...

Can't figure out how to insert a pic - will try again later...

So here's a link - can't make it clickable - must need a different incantation -

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/49938940591/in/datetaken-public/
I am bringing back a 1971 TR6C I wrecked in 1976. Good luck with pix, I usto know how, but can't right now.
https://ibb.co/5rVGfSj
My 68 TR25W
I never really liked the looks of a TRW, but yours looks great! Kinda reminds me of the parts bike I just finished; not Triumph but could be:

Tom
Originally Posted by koncretekid
I never really liked the looks of a TRW, but yours looks great! Kinda reminds me of the parts bike I just finished; not Triumph but could be:

Tom

What a great looking bike, looks like it's ready to ride anywhere and do anything. Good job.

Lannis
Originally Posted by Mark R
Gorgeous!
I love these bikes! I must admit I was a bit prejudiced against these singles because of the hassle I can remember that chaps had with Starfires when they were relatively new. Having said that, a mate had a Barracuda that was as good as gold. Maybe he was more mechanically sympathetic. I get the impression that the engineering fixes have now caught up.
Quick update. Should I move to GrandPaul's forum. The only numbers matching are the title and the reconstructed vin tag.

Triumph rt side https://imgur.com/gallery/DSfNh0S

https://i.imgur.com/tSyputA.jpg
Been lurking here... this is my bonnie😁
[Linked Image from img.aijaa.com]
Desert sled seat looks great. As a 6'4" 195 lb person I prefer 6R and 7R but as a smaller sled this one is dynamite.
Okay, let's make it electrically sound. Get rid of the original charging system.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Attached picture SAM_2073.JPG
Attached picture SAM_1992.JPG
Attached picture SAM_2069.JPG
Attached picture SAM_1989.JPG
Attached picture SAM_2066.JPG
Broken link David...
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][img]http:/

Attached picture SAM_2546.JPG
Originally Posted by Dick Page
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][img]http:/
is that seat original? looks shorter, nice btw👍😁
It was made using a shortened original Trident pan.
finished my triumph pre unit bitsa last summer so i thought i would post some pics, cant wait for some better weather to put some miles on it,

I used the Triumph T100 RR/R flat track racers as inspiration and im planning on making the exhausts in the future.

Michel
https://www.instagram.com/p/CItrRmDBQUc/
https://www.instagram.com/p/CItreB-hIjf/
© Britbike forum