Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supplyJob Cycle

Upgrade your membership to Premium Membership or Gold Membership or even Benefactor

New Sponsor post
Triumph 650/750 High-Output Alternator Kit
by The Bonneville Shop - 01/13/23 11:29 pm
New FAQ post
Missing edit button
by wrench136 - 05/30/22 2:57 pm
News & Announcements
Premium members! 🌟
by Morgan aka admin - 01/28/23 3:01 pm
Buy BritBike staff a coffee ☕️ or pint 🍺
by Morgan aka admin - 01/15/23 9:29 am
Benefactor ✅
by Morgan aka admin - 01/08/23 8:38 pm
Gold members! ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
by Morgan aka admin - 01/03/23 6:30 pm
How to guides - Technical articles
British Fasteners Specs
by Morgan aka admin - 01/03/23 1:29 pm
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Member Spotlight
Tridentman
Tridentman
New Jersey USA
Top Posters(30 Days)
Lannis 76
DavidP 64
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Kev. 36
DavidP 25
Newest Members
sam keller, Raz, HermDawg, 47sqfour, Blackdoctor
12,383 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums35
Topics76,514
Posts783,703
Members12,383
Most Online204
Jul 10th, 2022
Random Gallery photo
Photo posting tutorial

Thread Like Summary
BAinLA, BSA_WM20, chainreaction, Gordon Gray, GrandPaul, HillbillyBarr, kevin, KevRasen, Nate stuch, NickL, tridentt150v
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by DMadigan
DMadigan

Biggest complaint is that BSA was never an Indian company like Royal Enfield. Vague styling clues, disc brakes, modern cockpit, et cetera.
Apparently thinks a Gold Star has to be mastered but then, obviously too young to have ridden one.
Any "retro" bike is going to be water cooled for emissions, disc brakes for stopping, electronics for reliability so all you will have is the name and vague styling clues. What else is there?
Liked Replies
by kevin
kevin
my 18 year old son mostly rides the 2007 250 ninja. he makes a point of standing next to the bike and starting it with a button whenever we ride together.

then he looks at me as if i should be ashamed.
3 members like this
by tridentt150v
tridentt150v
The commentator is [and he sometimes alludes to this] a bit naive, but essentially what he says is right. The modern retro bikes are not faithful copies of earlier versions. Nor should they be, nor can they be, they will never be.
So is it a disappointment? if so then buy an original...............if not then retro can be yours.
Many younger generations have no idea how to throw spanners around a workshop. We that can are a dying breed!!!!
2 members like this
by BSA_WM20
BSA_WM20
Well the fact that he spends the first 4 minutes talking about himself says it all
Like a lot of the modern generation his video is all about ME .
Without having riden either the what is he babbleing on about ?
Less than no knowledge of Gold Stars other than what he reads on face book
Tiny Tanks ?
Has he never seen the 3 gallon, 4 gallon or even a Lyta which was regulation for the cafe racer set .
Lots of fluff to make the video bigger and sound like he knows some thing which he obviously does not.
Like quite a few of the modern generation, he has no idea about style and no style of his own so want to pinch some thing from ages past .
And after all of his raving he actually says nothing other than he does not like it
He should be writing political speeches and leave motorcycles to people who know motorcycles
2 members like this
by Dibnah
Dibnah
It is the duty of the younger generation to rebel against, upset, annoy and offend the older generation. The late 1970s was the last time that this happened in the UK to any great extent.

I hope that the younger generation in Russia successfully rebel against Putin (aged 70) and his cronies.
2 members like this
by Bustednukel
Bustednukel
Maybe they can make it konk out every once in a while.
Also, make the brakes underpowered.
Add some oil leaks.
Give it inadequate filtration for the oil.
A gas tank leak would be nostalgic.
Give it good vibration in the grips.
Kick back through the carb on occasion.
2 members like this
by Lannis
Lannis
Originally Posted by kevin
my 18 year old son mostly rides the 2007 250 ninja. he makes a point of standing next to the bike and starting it with a button whenever we ride together.

My 18 year old better not look at me as if I should be ashamed if he's riding my damn motorcycle.....He better have a "Thanks, Dad" vibe going.....!

Lannis
1 member likes this
by Howard Inough
Howard Inough
Originally Posted by Lannis
Originally Posted by kevin

My 18 year old better not look at me as if I should be ashamed if he's riding my damn motorcycle.....He better have a "Thanks, Dad" vibe going.....!

Lannis

He does.... trust me...
When we were " walkin' the baby" 40' feet apart this past May, on some tight twisty roads, I was grinning in my helmet, knowing the torch was passed.
he was enjoying this at a level that only some get to.
Well done, Dad.
1 member likes this
by rick e.
rick e.
Maroon ?

The shock and horror ! A 20 something guy wanting to hear what a bike sounds like with the mufflers off.

I assume you guys must be about the same age as the guy in the video ?

Let me tell you what happened to, and the modifications made, to about 99.9 % of every British bike sent to the USA in the 50s to 70s.....
1 member likes this
by Irish Swede
Irish Swede
Many of the "younger generation" don't know how to choke and kick-start a bike, either.
Some don't even know what the kick-start PEDAL is!

If they have to do anything other than press buttons on a cell phone, they can't do it.
1 member likes this
by BeezaBryan
BeezaBryan
Originally Posted by BSA_WM20
Originally Posted by raf940
well at least the chap in the video didn't refer to everything as 'amazing' like those of his age range do for everthang from a cup o coffee to an orgasm with their 'partner' i never seen/heard so many amazed people in my life

When you have less than no understanding of anything everything is Amazing

What an amazing thought.
1 member likes this
British Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsBSA Unit SinglesPodtronicVintage MagazineBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2023 britbike.com