Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supplyJob Cycle

Upgrade to Premium membership HERE! Premium Membership

New Sponsor post
15% Off Black Friday Sale
by The Bonneville Shop - 11/24/22 5:51 pm
New FAQ post
Member Spotlight
Lannis
Lannis
Central Virginia
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
kevin 55
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Bry 24
Newest Members
Hedgehog65, NDarwin, Bas classic bikes, lojo, Doug McLaren
12,333 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
4 members (Tridentman, grumps65, Gordo in Comox, Magnetoman), 20 guests, and 38 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums35
Topics76,683
Posts782,996
Members12,333
Most Online204
Jul 10th, 2022
Thread Like Summary
BeezaBryan, Doug P, Gordon Gray, GrandPaul, JubeePrince, ricochetrider, Roadwarrior
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#891869 09/27/2022 12:12 PM
by GrandPaul
GrandPaul
I just passed the 65-year mark, and this is starting to sound a little less funny...

[Linked Image]
Attached Images
Liked Replies
#891874 Sep 27th a 02:06 PM
by BeezaBryan
BeezaBryan
16 years since I my 65th birthday, happened during the 2006 BSA US International Brimfield Mass.
I can and do laugh at the antics of the youngsters in cartoons such as this laughing beerchug
3 members like this
#891879 Sep 27th a 04:32 PM
by Wilfred
Wilfred
I too have been 65 for 16 years BeezaBryan. We didn't think much about the older guys in our younger years as a few of the guys were in late 80's and even one I remember riding in his early 90's. The one who was riding in his 90's rode out with me to the hospital on the first day of a two day endurance trial in about 1967 when I broke some bones in a foot at the top of a climb. I think he was 65ish at the time and staying with the pack on a very challenging event called the Terra Nova. Not sure how much more riding I have left in me as there are more tasks to get done every day but it's not over yet.

Cheers, Wilf
3 members like this
#891881 Sep 27th a 04:58 PM
by BeezaBryan
BeezaBryan
We just keep on keeping Wilf beerchug
3 members like this
#891902 Sep 28th a 02:17 AM
by tridentt150v
tridentt150v
at least we are still alive to talk about it........many friends have not been so lucky........the life on a motorcycle can be a fragile thing!
3 members like this
#892093 Sep 30th a 06:18 PM
by Roadwarrior
Roadwarrior
My brain is still 23. Think the same thoughts, look at the same women, then realize the other working parts have aged beyond that. It’s a drag.
3 members like this
#892050 Sep 30th a 07:23 AM
by Phil R
Phil R
Well heck BezzaBryan & Wilf, you've both got about seven years on me...

Guess I'll have to stop saying things like:" If I had known I'd live THIS LONG, I'd have taken better care of myself"....

Thanks for being such a great source of inspiration for the rest of us youngsters!
1 member likes this
#891911 Sep 28th a 04:05 AM
by DavidP
DavidP
I thought that those were already options on Gold Wings.
I'm only 65. When I start posting about how to add an electric leg to my bikes I'm done.
1 member likes this
#892056 Sep 30th a 11:41 AM
by kurt fischer
kurt fischer
I read somewhere that 80 is the new 60.
1 member likes this
#892066 Sep 30th a 01:44 PM
by Tridentman
Tridentman
Age is just in the mind.
Remember--- " you are only as old as the woman you feel"
1 member likes this
#892122 Sep 30th a 11:43 PM
by NickL
NickL
Originally Posted by Tridentman
Age is just in the mind.
Remember--- " you are only as old as the woman you feel"

That's what i like, a good politically correct statement.
1 member likes this
#892246 Oct 2nd a 11:46 AM
by kurt fischer
kurt fischer
Originally Posted by sammysnail
... I enjoy a certain amount of forearm and wrist pain when riding so I dose up on painkillers before I set off (paracetamol 1000mg and ibuprofen 200mg). These seem to have some beneficial effect, but not 100%.
Is anyone else in the same boat, and if so what do you take and does it work?

Sammy, I had something similar a few years ago, and would consume lots of Ibuprofen before, during, and after rides. Then I read about "nerve-gliding exercises" to reduce carpal tunnel and cubital tunnel problems due to ulnar nerve entrapment. Drug-free now. Also doing several exercises and stretches daily that I learned from Bob and Brad, "the most famous physical therapists on the Internet." https://www.bobandbrad.com/

My experience, anyway. Hope that helps ...
1 member likes this
British Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsBSA Unit SinglesPodtronicVintage MagazineBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2022 britbike.com