Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supplyJob Cycle

Upgrade your membership to Premium Membership or Gold Membership or even Benefactor

New Sponsor post
Triumph 650/750 High-Output Alternator Kit
by The Bonneville Shop - 01/13/23 11:29 pm
New FAQ post
Missing edit button
by wrench136 - 05/30/22 2:57 pm
News & Announcements
Premium members! 🌟
by Morgan aka admin - 01/28/23 3:01 pm
Buy BritBike staff a coffee ☕️ or pint 🍺
by Morgan aka admin - 01/15/23 9:29 am
Benefactor ✅
by Morgan aka admin - 01/08/23 8:38 pm
Gold members! ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
by Morgan aka admin - 01/03/23 6:30 pm
How to guides - Technical articles
British Fasteners Specs
by Morgan aka admin - 01/03/23 1:29 pm
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Member Spotlight
Kent Shaun
Kent Shaun
Kent Garden of England
Top Posters(30 Days)
Lannis 76
DavidP 64
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Kev. 36
DavidP 25
Newest Members
sam keller, Raz, HermDawg, 47sqfour, Blackdoctor
12,383 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums35
Topics76,514
Posts783,697
Members12,383
Most Online204
Jul 10th, 2022
Random Gallery photo
Photo posting tutorial

Thread Like Summary
BeezaBryan, D.Bachtel, GrandPaul, reverb, ricochetrider
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#891603 09/23/2022 8:31 PM
by ricochetrider
ricochetrider
Going through my box of film photo negatives the other night, I came across this roll of film I shot in Novemeber 2017 on our trip to Cornwall. We ended the trip with a fantastic side trip up to visit with Byran & Marie- and they arranged a surprise lunch meet up up in the Derbyshire Peaaks District with Geoff & Sara!
These shots are from the early days of my journey into film photography- this might be the 2nd roll of film I ever shot, using a Canon AE-1 Progrtam camera with a lovely Canon 50mm lens. The film was Kodak Tri-X 400 and I love it in 35mm to this day. That AE-1 camera would not always focus completely - but it made for dream-like photos, just a little "misty"! laughing

This was also before I came to the point wher I began teaching myself how to use manual camera settings- that AE-1 Progtram had an "auto" mode and all these I shot on Auto.

Shaun hosted us, as driver & guide (and eating/drinking buddy + all around good friend), and it was Shaun, Miss C & me, with Lannis & the ever lovely Miss Fay. We had an absolute blast, and stayed in the tiny vilage of Mousehole, which apparently got its name because of the tiny "mouse hole" sized entrance into the harbor.BUT "they" (and you know who they are) pronounce it Mowzzle...

[Linked Image from ricochetridersmotomojo.zenfolio.com]

at the end of the season each year, they drag all the working boats out of the water then close off the harbor against winter storms, which can be QUITE dramatic.

We drove all over high heaven while there, don't recall exactly which village this is but that tide practically flew out of the harbor. In a matter of maye 20 minutes those boats went from floating to sitting.

Some road, somewhere... this is a good example of that dream-like *quality* I was talkin about...

There are all these historic and abandoned tin mines down there with ruins and stiff which are pretty cool,

and of course in Cornwall, being it's a peninsula and totally surrounded by wtaer, you're never very far from a view like this:

Then, after eating & drinking our way around County Cornwall, in his continued role as Driver, Shaun hauled us up north a ways to meet up with Bryan and Marie, who would host us for a couple days & nights, then see us into a car for our ride down the Heathrow to catch a morning flight home. We toured the Peaks District and had a wonderful lunch with Geoff & Sara who drove a heck of a ways to visit with us! Outside the little tea room we had lunch in

(the lady serving us would dash over to the pub next door and deliver beers to us at our table!), there was this old stone house... which of course is generally none too extraordinary.

But this one had this vine growing on it...

I love this shot, it too, has that dreamy quality to it. This actually is the single photograph of mine that I ever had made into a print, a copy of which is currently being displayed in our living room at the hew house.

We had a super nice trip all in all, good times with good friends. These few images don't tell the whole story but I hope they convery a sense of The Place.

Ciao 4 now.
Tom
Liked Replies
#891852 Sep 27th a 12:45 AM
by Wilfred
Wilfred
re your soft or out of focus photos .... could be your mirror is not seating correctly or not always seating in the same place. That would give you an image in the viewfinder that would look in focus but would be out of focus because of the mirror. As I'm sure you know, the AE-1 cameras are only automatic in the exposure department and there are times when even auto exposure needs to be told what to do.

nice shots, Wilf
1 member likes this
#891908 Sep 28th a 03:24 AM
by DavidP
DavidP
Nice pictures, thanks for sharing.
I miss my old SRT 101 sometimes. I don't miss spending hours in the converted bathroom developing film and hanging prints to dry.
1 member likes this
British Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsBSA Unit SinglesPodtronicVintage MagazineBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2023 britbike.com