Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supplyJob Cycle

Upgrade to Premium membership HERE! Premium Membership

New Sponsor post
15% Off Black Friday Sale
by The Bonneville Shop - 11/24/22 5:51 pm
New FAQ post
Member Spotlight
Deadstiffcatt
Deadstiffcatt
Big Island, Hawaii
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
kevin 55
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Bry 24
Newest Members
Hedgehog65, NDarwin, Bas classic bikes, lojo, Doug McLaren
12,333 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
7 members (Magnetoman, DMadigan, koan58, Ignoramus, Lannis, Shane in Oz, NDarwin), 17 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums35
Topics76,682
Posts782,987
Members12,333
Most Online204
Jul 10th, 2022
Thread Like Summary
BeezaBryan, Gordon Gray, GrandPaul, Kev., MikeG, NickL, RebelronUSA, ricochetrider, royaloilfield, tridentt150v, wadeschields, Zimm
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#882093 06/02/2022 4:33 PM
by Kev.
Kev.
Liked Replies
#882131 Jun 2nd a 10:25 PM
by gunner
gunner
I took my daughter to see the flypast at Heathrow, which is just down the road from us, there;s a small hill and field between Poyle and Terminal 5 which is a great area for plane spotting. We brought a picnic blanket, some snacks, phone cameras and binoculars. We were there an hour before the Jubilee Flypast and watched many types of planes flying really low overhead on the final approach. The most amazing was the Airbus A380 which is enormous and filled the sky above.

Ten minutes before the flypast, all commercial flights stopped to allow sufficient airspace for the flypast which then continued across the UK, staying in formation at each waypoint. I have to admire the professionalism and skill of the RAF pilots who are amongst the best in the world.

We didn't see the Lancaster or other WW2 planes, but we did see the Typhoons doing the 70 formation, and also the Red Arrows, there were also some F35's in formation.

I was great to see and made our day especially with such fine weather.
Attached Images
5 members like this
#882212 Jun 4th a 12:06 AM
by GrandPaul
GrandPaul
Here are a few photos of Her Royal majesty on motorcycles, cool lady...

age 19 training on a BSA C15-

[Linked Image]

age 96 parading at the Isle of Man, unidentified bike-

[Linked Image]
Attached Images
4 members like this
#882133 Jun 2nd a 11:05 PM
by Lannis
Lannis
Well, you SHOULD be proud of the old gal, and the RAF.

[Linked Image from photos.smugmug.com]

Liz was born the same year as my Mom, and they were both ambulance drivers in WWII, and both proud to be able to serve. My Mom is gone now, but I think of her and that generation whenever I see your Queen out and about. She looks genuinely happy to see those planes overhead in her honor ....

Lannis
2 members like this
#883504 Jun 22nd a 12:37 AM
by Salty Dog
Salty Dog
I’m a bit late to the street party but……
Queenie Rocks
Attached Images
2 members like this
#882228 Jun 4th a 03:25 AM
by DavidP
DavidP
Lovely ceremony and pageantry.
It's missing something without the Sex Pistols on the barge though. laughing
1 member likes this
British Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsBSA Unit SinglesPodtronicVintage MagazineBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2022 britbike.com