Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supplyJob Cycle

Upgrade your membership to Premium Membership or Gold Membership or even Benefactor

New Sponsor post
Triumph 650/750 High-Output Alternator Kit
by The Bonneville Shop - 01/13/23 11:29 pm
New FAQ post
Missing edit button
by wrench136 - 05/30/22 2:57 pm
News & Announcements
Premium members! 🌟
by Morgan aka admin - 01/28/23 3:01 pm
Buy BritBike staff a coffee ☕️ or pint 🍺
by Morgan aka admin - 01/15/23 9:29 am
Benefactor ✅
by Morgan aka admin - 01/08/23 8:38 pm
Gold members! ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
by Morgan aka admin - 01/03/23 6:30 pm
How to guides - Technical articles
British Fasteners Specs
by Morgan aka admin - 01/03/23 1:29 pm
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Member Spotlight
Tridentman
Tridentman
New Jersey USA
Top Posters(30 Days)
Lannis 76
DavidP 64
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Kev. 36
DavidP 25
Newest Members
sam keller, Raz, HermDawg, 47sqfour, Blackdoctor
12,383 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums35
Topics76,514
Posts783,703
Members12,383
Most Online204
Jul 10th, 2022
Random Gallery photo
Photo posting tutorial

Thread Like Summary
Gordon Gray, Jon W. Whitley
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by KC in S.B.
KC in S.B.
Get rid of it before this!! No happy ending in sight IMHO…..
https://classicavenue.com/product/large-assortment-of-triumph-parts/
Liked Replies
by slow learner
slow learner
If you have viable storage and are willing to organize things on a basic level the junk yard business can be quite lucrative. If you can get a good volume of parts for a reasonable price you benefit from the economy of scale. I have done this over the years on a limited basis and I would say it has benefited me. I don't need to rely on outside suppliers for most parts I need. Having a number of examples of any given piece on hand is also useful when you are dealing with machines that were constructed originally using "selective assembly" techniques. I have found that a significant portion of what remains as NOS parts is actually a lot of defective junk. The reason there is one last new part on the shelf long after all the others of its type have been sold is the last one is defective and would not work. I would rather have a viable used part than a new piece of junk. When I buy a trove I make an effort to sell enough to recoup my investment and then, as far as I'm concerned, the rest is free.
1 member likes this
British Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsBSA Unit SinglesPodtronicVintage MagazineBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2023 britbike.com