Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply Classic Bike Parts Cheshire

Upgrade Your membership! Premium Membership Gold Membership Vendor Membership

New Sponsor post
July 4th Sale at The Bonneville Shop
by The Bonneville Shop - 07/01/22 6:26 pm
New FAQ post
Member Spotlight
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
quinten 61
DavidP 57
kevin 53
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Cyborg 23
Lannis 20
Newest Members
BrokenLeg, Jeff Keller, Steveland, Daideo, kenjon
12,210 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
5 members (slofut, Tridentman, Magnetoman, Richard Kal, Brian Brown), 11 guests, and 25 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums35
Topics76,535
Posts776,186
Members12,210
Most Online204
Jul 10th, 2022
Thread Like Summary
kommando, Mito, slofut
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by Mito
Mito
Hey Everyone, I pasted a couple of months ago about the possibility of fitting a "revometer" speedo dial onto a later magnetic mechanism. i contacted a number of instrument face suppliers in UK but no one was really interested in helping so i have forged ahead anyhow. I already had a reproduction "revometer" face but it was poor quality and came with a scratch across the face from new. I got the clever ladies at my local graphic print shop to scan the dial and colour in the odo and trip slots and complete any missing words. Also got them to sharpen up the images and brighten the colours a smidge to compensate for the loss of clarity every time these dials get copied and reproduced. I will offer up a bare magnetic dial to see where the new cut outs are are and shift any wording a bit so the cut outs dont destroy too much. My aim is to produce a "revometer" self adhesive transfer that can be affixed to a bare magnetic face plate. I will report back shortly if it is a success.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Liked Replies
by Deadstiffcatt
Deadstiffcatt
Not having a magnetic in front of me, I looked at the cover of publication you posted a pic of, it appears you may have to make the 50 and the 80 SMALLER as well to accommodate the odometer ??? (Hard to tell by just enlarging that publication image.....thats a point you'll need to verify.)

Maybe to you could change it to read "chronomagric" just to see if anyone notices? The print is tiny enough to work since we all need glasses these days anyway!
1 member likes this
by Mito
Mito
Yes, I have manufactured an aluminium swaging disc that fits in my lathe for rolling bezels. Interesting that a mate of mine here in Christchurch was making and exporting bezels. Wassell brought up his entire stock shortly before he died of cancer. The irony is I will likely buy a bezel that will come all the way back to NZ to within 20kms of where it was made.
1 member likes this
British Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsBSA Unit SinglesPodtronicVintage MagazineBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2022 britbike.com