Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade Your membership! Premium Membership Gold Membership Vendor Membership

New Sponsor post
2023 Classic Triumph Motorcycle Calendars
by C.B.S - 09/22/22 5:28 pm
New FAQ post
Member Spotlight
Jon W. Whitley
Jon W. Whitley
Vermont
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
kevin 117
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
reverb 29
kevin 29
Newest Members
Abtinnmant150, Fritzer_108, Ratty, paul cheswick, White Lightning
12,260 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
7 members (KevRasen, L.A.B., Hugh Jörgen, KC in S.B., Bodie, Tridentman, scrap), 20 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums35
Topics76,315
Posts777,738
Members12,260
Most Online204
Jul 10th, 2022
Thread Like Summary
BeezaBryan, Bob E, Gordon Gray, GrandPaul, Kev., kevin, ricochetrider, royaloilfield
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#879743 05/06/2022 7:17 PM
by Kev.
Kev.
After three weeks in hospital following a major cancer operation that included opening me up from front to back, breaking my ribs to get them out of the way, and then deflating one of my lungs so that they could start work on the problem at hand, then five days in intensive care on so much morphine that I spent half the time hallucinating, I was finally deemed well enough to go home, But that was short lived as a couple of days later in the middle of the night I was laying in an ambulance being rushed to A&E as something had gone wrong inside, and I was to spend another few days getting moved from ward to ward, while they patched me up again.
Finally to come home again yesterday,
As you can imagine I don't feel so great right now, and there is a long road in front of me until I can once again get out on a field, but at least I am still alive. crazy
Liked Replies
#879815 May 7th a 08:51 AM
by BeezaBryan
BeezaBryan
'kin 'ell Kev !
That makes my health shyte pale into insignificance.
Heal well and back on your feet as quick as possible
Carry on carrying my friend
beerchug
2 members like this
#879809 May 7th a 07:55 AM
by Peter R
Peter R
Sorry to hear this, I hope the doctors did a good job, and you have a good recovery.
Went trough some cancer shi%t myself some time ago, so I know what you went trough.
1 member likes this
#879822 May 7th a 10:59 AM
by Irish Swede
Irish Swede
Having had open-heart surgery 23 years ago I have some idea of what you're going through. Especially the ribs.

Morphine is a real thrill, isn't it? I now understand why it can be habit-forming. I felt like I was "levitating" over the bed.

Do what the Docs tell you, including the re-hab exercises they give you, and you will put this all behind you and come out of it O.K.
1 member likes this
#879845 May 7th a 03:15 PM
by Deadstiffcatt
Deadstiffcatt
Thoughts and prayers for you from the other island.... And a lovely lady to give you a smile! All my best! Joe

[Linked Image]
Attached Images
1 member likes this
#879858 May 7th a 06:45 PM
by Dibnah
Dibnah
"> when a coughing fit burst my stitches and opened up my chest and I woke up in a pool of blood! <"

Nasty! There are occasions when a big jubilee clip could help to hold things together.

The "alligator attack" scars could be a good talking point in years to come.

"> Morphine is a real thrill, isn't it? I now understand why it can be habit-forming. I felt like I was "levitating" over the bed. <"

Apparently, there are many who dislike the "drifting away" experience when morphine is adminstered by medical people, hence the inane chatter from a nurse as the chemicals are injected. I look forward to the drifting away, as long as I come back again, eventually.
1 member likes this
#879813 May 7th a 08:45 AM
by Kev.
Kev.
Originally Posted by Dibnah
Make a good recovery Kev; will you have an "Alien chest-burster" scar?

Morphine remains a magnificent pain reliever, over 200 years since first used.

No, but it looks like an alligator got me side on! But I did have my "Alien" moment, when a coughing fit burst my stitches and opened up my chest and I woke up in a pool of blood! sick that is why I got rushed back to hospital ohno
1 member likes this
#879814 May 7th a 08:49 AM
by Kev.
Kev.
Thanks for the kind words, it does help. And thank the universe for the interweb, it does stop one feeling quite so isolated, and keeps you in touch with what is going on in the world, and with your wider community of friends.
1 member likes this
#879929 May 8th a 11:16 AM
by TR6Ray
TR6Ray
Best wishes, Kevin. Your words and pictures have always made the internet a better, more interesting place for people all over the world, myself included. Thanks for all you have done, and I hope you can carry on.

Ray
1 member likes this
#879931 May 8th a 11:46 AM
by konon
konon
Stay strong, get well soon Kev
1 member likes this
#880072 May 9th a 05:46 PM
by ricochetrider
ricochetrider
Dang, Kev. Hang in there my brother, hope to see you out & about for real, sometime soon.
And thanks for widening your interweb "footprint" a bit. Some of us are following along, even if we dont respond in words to everything you put out there.
Cheers.
1 member likes this
#880352 May 12th a 07:29 AM
by dave j
dave j
Best wishes to you, Kev.

Dave
1 member likes this
British Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsBSA Unit SinglesPodtronicVintage MagazineBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2022 britbike.com