Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply Classic Bike Parts Cheshire

Upgrade Your membership! Premium Membership Gold Membership Vendor Membership

New Sponsor post
New FAQ post
Photos on private message
by Mal Marsden - 06/16/22 7:00 pm
Manuals on DVD - Buy 4 for 3
All 4 DVD Manual
Member Spotlight
Ian Ashdown
Ian Ashdown
SoCal
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
reverb 80
Allan G 54
kevin 52
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Cyborg 32
gunner 27
Newest Members
budpotter, Mark Sharp, Ian Scotland UK, cherbini, grahamsmythe
12,158 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
5 members (Brian Brown, jpjohn, Magnetoman, DAMadd, Rohan), 23 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums35
Topics76,301
Posts772,513
Members12,158
Most Online151
May 8th, 2022
Thread Like Summary
Al Navecky Jr, gREgg-K, hacksaw
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#879246 05/02/2022 5:53 AM
by splash
splash
Trispark electronic ignition for sale. I bought this from CBS and they refuse to take it back and refund.

Reason for selling besides above

1. If you have a Triumph twin with two 12 volt coils you will need to change the coils to 6 volt coils. There was no information about this and I do not want to buy 6 volt coils.
2, If you go to the misleading Trispark website the video sugarcoats an easy installation...well I guess if you buy the 6 volt coils then the sparkplug with resistor then the install is easy. Again nowhere about twins having to change to 6 volt coils.

Yep, this is the reason I will not buy anything from CBS ever again.

Make offer, I bought new for about 275$ and feel cheated. I wouldn't cheat you like this so that is why I am telling you that you need 6 volt coils or one duel 12 volt coil. I don't know why they are made like this and THIS INFO is not put out there. Maybe you need to time warp into 1970 and ask your Triumph mechanic about it before you consider buying.
Liked Replies
#879291 May 2nd a 05:33 PM
by Tridentman
Tridentman
Splash---if and when you get into a new interest or hobby then you have to do your home work.
You have to spend time reading about it and around it and spend time reading web sites and discussion boards such as this.
You should find other people who are into the same hobby and ask questions.
Also ask questions on boards such as these.
None of us know all of the answers but by careful research and asking questions you can learn a lot.
Then and only then do you decide what actions to take.
And then before implementing them you check out your proposed actions with someone more knowledgeable than yourself or on a board such as this.

Blundering into a course of action and then getting it wrong is no ones fault but yours.
Don't blame the supplier---be a man and put the blame where it belongs--fairly and squarely on Splashs shoulders!
2 members like this
#879276 May 2nd a 02:16 PM
by KC in S.B.
KC in S.B.
Splash, you are out of line. Sounds more like you simply changed your mind, and want to rant. We all rant at times.
Take responsibility for not doing your home work. The 6 volt coils (not big $) you mention have also been recommended on other IE for years, so this is not new unknown information. If that’s the headache, as repeated several times, it seems a misdirected issue.
2 members like this
British Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsBSA Unit SinglesPodtronicVintage MagazineBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2022 britbike.com