Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply Classic Bike Parts Cheshire

Upgrade Your membership! Premium Membership Gold Membership Vendor Membership

New Sponsor post
New FAQ post
Photos on private message
by Mal Marsden - 06/16/22 7:00 pm
Manuals on DVD - Buy 4 for 3
All 4 DVD Manual
Member Spotlight
Ian Ashdown
Ian Ashdown
SoCal
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
reverb 80
Allan G 54
kevin 52
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Cyborg 32
gunner 27
Newest Members
budpotter, Mark Sharp, Ian Scotland UK, cherbini, grahamsmythe
12,158 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
5 members (Brian Brown, jpjohn, Magnetoman, DAMadd, Rohan), 23 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums35
Topics76,301
Posts772,513
Members12,158
Most Online151
May 8th, 2022
Thread Like Summary
BeezaBryan, Gordon Gray, Kev., ricochetrider, royaloilfield
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#875751 03/26/2022 5:34 PM
by Kev.
Kev.
This very weekend, in fact tonight, we adjust our clock's (CLOX) and put them forward an hour into British summer time, and this very weekend the Moto Guzzi club UK, have the first of two rallies the "Clox forward" rally, the other rally being in October is of course the "Clox back" rally. Now as it happens I have not made a bike rally on a bike for the last two years, ill health and covid having put paid to any thoughts I had in this design frown But Friday saw me getting home from work, and loading my W650 for the first of the two clot rallies, and heading out into the Friday traffic as I headed for Tewksbury, and the destination at the lower lode inn on the banks of the river Severn.

[Linked Image from kevindean.zenfolio.com]

After a couple of hours I pulled into the pub, set up the tent, and mooched off to the bar for a pint and some crisps, while I waited on a few of my mates to turn up, before an evening in the bar, and a much needed sleep in the tent and warm sleeping bag.

I guess the night was cold although I never felt it all wrapped up and toasty in my bag, but the frost that greeted me when I got up to watch the sun rise told a different tale.

But the sun did creep over the horizon ,and I grabbed a few pictures on what would become a fantastic sunny day...

Pretty soon though the sun was up, and the camp site was awake, so it was time for brekkie in the pub.

Matt and Sammy getting stuck in

Liked Replies
#875753 Mar 26th a 05:47 PM
by Kev.
Kev.
Next it was time for a mooch about to see a few of the bikes...

I have always fancied owning a Falcone...

But for me the time had come to head back to my barge, I am still not well enough to spend a whole weekend mucking about, so I loaded up and moved on out for a slow ride home.

beerchug
4 members like this
#875757 Mar 26th a 06:18 PM
by BeezaBryan
BeezaBryan
Good for you Kev thumbsup
2 members like this
#876909 Apr 6th a 02:31 PM
by ricochetrider
ricochetrider
Kev,
Very nice to see you being able to move about some. I’m sure it did you some good to get away, even if for only a minute.
Lovely pix too, thanks for posting.
2 members like this
British Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsBSA Unit SinglesPodtronicVintage MagazineBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2022 britbike.com