Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supplyJob Cycle

Upgrade your membership to Premium Membership or Gold Membership or even Benefactor

New Sponsor post
Triumph 650/750 High-Output Alternator Kit
by The Bonneville Shop - 01/13/23 11:29 pm
New FAQ post
Missing edit button
by wrench136 - 05/30/22 2:57 pm
News & Announcements
Premium members! 🌟
by Morgan aka admin - 01/28/23 3:01 pm
Buy BritBike staff a coffee ☕️ or pint 🍺
by Morgan aka admin - 01/15/23 9:29 am
Benefactor ✅
by Morgan aka admin - 01/08/23 8:38 pm
Gold members! ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
by Morgan aka admin - 01/03/23 6:30 pm
How to guides - Technical articles
British Fasteners Specs
by Morgan aka admin - 01/03/23 1:29 pm
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Member Spotlight
Tridentman
Tridentman
New Jersey USA
Top Posters(30 Days)
Lannis 76
DavidP 64
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Kev. 36
DavidP 25
Newest Members
sam keller, Raz, HermDawg, 47sqfour, Blackdoctor
12,383 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums35
Topics76,514
Posts783,703
Members12,383
Most Online204
Jul 10th, 2022
Random Gallery photo
Photo posting tutorial

Thread Like Summary
Gordon Gray, PINEMONKEY, wadeschields
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#873882 03/08/2022 3:59 PM
by wadeschields
wadeschields
Sorta... I cleaned the carbs on the 2001 Bonneville that I picked up last summer for 500 bucks but it still wouldnt start... Had a possible rental job for it so waiting for me to figure it out was counter productive time wise... Dropped it off at 6th Street Specials and Fumi had it fired up in no time.... Apparently the Ethanol free gas I put in it had gone off... Ive never had that happen before.... Usually I go through it before that can happen and even sitting in the barn all winter it has never gone off.... Either way the bike has signs of life.... Only firing on one cylinder sometimes so he is going to check the carbs again.... It'll be weird to have a modern bike... But Hell - In 4 years I can get an antique plate for it .....

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Liked Replies
#873902 Mar 8th a 06:09 PM
by wadeschields
wadeschields
Just got a call that its ready.... Carbs were messed up again and some other stuff that I didnt do right when I put it back together are all solved now.... The sensor on the side of the carbs wasnt on right for one.... Seemed so straight forward ... How did I mess that up... Off for some huevos rancheros to nurse the damage I did last night with a client/friend after work then I'll go get the bike.... Im excited!!!
1 member likes this
#874326 Mar 13th a 10:00 AM
by Chip H
Chip H
Good on ya, finding the problem.

My 2006 suffered the same experiences.
Teardown to clean the carbies was hampered by fittings that needed a star tool with a hole in the center.
Found one.
Strip, inspect clean, ran on all cylinders again.
Seafoam was also used.
Ethanol fuel and storage are foul creatures.

Other than that, and a new rear tire at 7000 miles, the Creamsikle was a virgin to tools.
I sold mine for $2500 , ah ... more than a few years ago.
1 member likes this
#874513 Mar 15th a 01:08 PM
by Lannis
Lannis
Lord, there's guys that have had their excellent condition EV11s for sale forever at $3000 and not a nibble. I know a guy who has a 2007 1200 Norge for $2000 and my son is negotiating even at that price.

The new V7s are more than that, as are the old collector loop frames. But midyear tourers are the biggest bargain in motorcycling....

Lannis
1 member likes this
British Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsBSA Unit SinglesPodtronicVintage MagazineBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2023 britbike.com