Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supplyJob Cycle

Upgrade your membership to Premium Membership or Gold Membership or even Benefactor

New Sponsor post
10% Off Girling at The Bonneville Shop 2/3-2/9/23
by The Bonneville Shop - 02/03/23 6:14 pm
New FAQ post
News & Announcements
Benefactor ✅
by Morgan aka admin - 02/09/23 11:15 am
Premium members! 🌟
by Morgan aka admin - 02/08/23 12:00 pm
Buy BritBike staff a coffee ☕️ or pint 🍺
by Morgan aka admin - 01/15/23 9:29 am
How to guides - Technical articles
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Member Spotlight
Zimm
Zimm
The land of pleasant living
Top Posters(30 Days)
Lannis 90
DavidP 84
kevin 56
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Kev. 32
DavidP 26
Lannis 26
Newest Members
Igloo, patrickblue, j-bud, Uneasy Rider, Mally
12,395 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums35
Topics76,568
Posts784,692
Members12,395
Most Online204
Jul 10th, 2022
Random Gallery photo
Photo posting tutorial

Thread Like Summary
emichael, Gordon Gray, GrandPaul, Howard Inough, Jon W. Whitley, Kev., royaloilfield, Tommy Thomas, TR6Ray, wadeschields
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#871075 02/04/2022 12:52 PM
by wadeschields
wadeschields
I got a message from Dicks' wife Barb that she wanted me to pass on to the Britbike group....

"Dick died on Jan 30, this past Sunday. Would you post this on the Forum to let all know. He was 88 yrs old. In Aug of 2021 had a brain tumor successfully removed and was recovering well. On Dec 27th he suffered a massive stroke leaving him with no ability to function thru his whole body. He peacefully went home with his Lord at 4:14pm on Sunday.
There will be a "CELABRATION OF HIS LIFE" on March 12, Saturday, in Warsaw, NY. I will ask you to further post the details closer to that date.

Life goes on, but will never be the same as I walk the rest of my days without him, the love of my life."

I saw his son at the Triumph rally in Oley this past summer and he said Dick was well and riding his motorcycle locally... Sounds like he was able to do what he loved right up to near the end... RIP Dick Harris . It was a pleasure to know you all these years and to have shared so many memories . God Speed !!
Liked Replies
#874425 Mar 14th a 03:13 AM
by wadeschields
wadeschields
Quite the snow storm on the way up.... A total white out on the way back... A fantastic service with about 45 + in attendance. The eulogies were real tear jerkers with my favorite being a reading of something Dick wrote in 1985 about being on a motorcycle and missing his riding buddy that had just passed away--- that really got to me.... His bike was there and the hymns were accompanied by a guitar and fiddle.... After the service at the funeral parlour we all went to a church on the other side of town. There we ate and chatted. I met some of Dick's local motorcycle friends including the machinist who help Dick convert the Triumph crank to 76 degrees . Seen in photo below.... Gerry went with me and was glad she did since everyone she met was so nice and welcoming. If they werent 6 hours away we may have made some new friends.... Well maybe we will see them again... And raise a glass for Dick

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

4 members like this
#871106 Feb 4th a 05:08 PM
by JubeePrince
JubeePrince
Met him the first time at the Triumph Come Home rally when it was held at the White Rose Motorcycle Club in southern PA back in '06. or '07. Would see him yearly at that event for many years. He was always generous with his time and knowledge with motorcycles, and always had an interesting adventure or tale to tell. He let me take his his beloved TR6 for a ride. Smoothest, softest Triumph clutch I've ever experienced.

RIP Rooster #2.

Steve
Attached Images
3 members like this
#871210 Feb 5th a 06:32 PM
by Morgan aka admin
Morgan aka admin
It is with great sadness we hear that Dick Harris passed.
Our deep condolences goes to his family.
His account here has now been converted to Remembrance status.
2 members like this
#874436 Mar 14th a 01:18 PM
by Lannis
Lannis
Wade -

Thanks for being there.

Lannis
2 members like this
#871088 Feb 4th a 02:46 PM
by MikeG
MikeG
I met Dick one time when he attended a One State Ride. He was a pleasure to talk to and ride with and accomplished at a great many things. We talked about everything from hand built black powder rifles to flying and he certainly knew his stuff. To watch him ride (he must have been in his early 80s then) gave me hope that I can still enjoy the life we all love for as long as possible.
Rip Mr Harris.
1 member likes this
#871172 Feb 5th a 02:34 AM
by Howard Inough
Howard Inough
I got to meet him when he came to Coudersport for the OSMR. He told me all about HOW he made the 270 degree crank.
Thanks for sharing. Godspeed, fellow gearhead.
1 member likes this
#871789 Feb 11th a 11:15 AM
by Al Eckstadt
Al Eckstadt
Rest in Peace, Dick. I'll never forget the sound of that 270 crank as "Mr. Triumph" took off for home from the Euro Bike Ride In in Oswego. He will be missed.
1 member likes this
#874507 Mar 15th a 10:57 AM
by breeze1954
breeze1954
Thanks for sharing Wade, I hated to miss it but had my grandsons’ wedding to attend on the 12th.
1 member likes this
#871080 Feb 4th a 01:16 PM
by Hillbilly bike
Hillbilly bike
Dick, glad to have met you, see you in the future....
1 member likes this
British Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsBSA Unit SinglesPodtronicVintage MagazineBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2023 britbike.com