Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply Classic Bike Parts Cheshire

Upgrade Your membership! Premium Membership Gold Membership Vendor Membership

New Sponsor post
New FAQ post
Photos on private message
by Mal Marsden - 06/16/22 7:00 pm
Manuals on DVD - Buy 4 for 3
All 4 DVD Manual
Member Spotlight
TR6Ray
TR6Ray
Illinois, USA
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
reverb 87
Allan G 56
kevin 50
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Cyborg 33
Newest Members
Jim Harris, Cuppy, budpotter, Mark Sharp, Ian Scotland UK
12,160 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
4 members (Robert Dentico, drp, MrMarty51, HayMike), 23 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums35
Topics76,311
Posts772,635
Members12,160
Most Online151
May 8th, 2022
Thread Like Summary
chainreaction, Jonez69, TinkererToo, vincentBSA
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#870165 01/25/2022 6:41 PM
by vincentBSA
vincentBSA
Hello everybody,
I wan't to paint my gas tank (1969 TR6C) with the colour Trophy red and silver sheen center stripe lined gold.
Can i find a modern painting corresponding to "trophy red" and "silver sheen" colours ?
My painter want use his paints and i must found the match paint...
Thanks for your help
Vincent
Liked Replies
by wildbill
wildbill
Here is my 1969 T120R tank. The colors are from Don Hutchinson are are Olympic Fame and Alaskan White
Attached Images
2 members like this
by Irish Swede
Irish Swede
I think the '68 and '69 Triumphs had the best looking colors and paint schemes of all the Triumphs.
2 members like this
by R Moulding
R Moulding
Vincent,
Trophy red was originally a candy colour, that means it was a translucent red applied over a ( in this case ) silver base coat. Depends how fussy you want to be but a solid red would be incorrect. I’ll post some pics later.
1 member likes this
by vincentBSA
vincentBSA
It is always a question of making, or not, a 100% original painting. I am also tempted to change the paint for that of 68 which I like a lot, "hi-fi riviera blue"

[Linked Image from zupimages.net]
1 member likes this
by vincentBSA
vincentBSA
Originally Posted by BigBars
Interesting, I thought I was the only one! After much searching online I also decided not to go with the silver stripe in my basket case repaint.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

A picture looking out over France for you Vincent. ;-)

Where in Fr are you based?

I'm From south east of France, near Aix en Provence
1 member likes this
by R Moulding
R Moulding
This is the top of an OE paint 69 TR6C, note there is no silver racing stripe. I've never seen the stripe on any 69 TR6R or TR6C models, both were simply painted Trophy red with only the guards on the TR6R getting a centre stripe. Im happy to see evidence to the contrary.

You can see how the paint has faded when compared to this pic of a 69 TR6R rear guard.
1 member likes this
British Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsBSA Unit SinglesPodtronicVintage MagazineBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2022 britbike.com