Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supplyJob Cycle

Upgrade your membership to Premium Membership or Gold Membership or even Benefactor

New Sponsor post
10% Off Girling at The Bonneville Shop 2/3-2/9/23
by The Bonneville Shop - 02/03/23 6:14 pm
New FAQ post
News & Announcements
Premium members! 🌟
by Morgan aka admin - 02/04/23 2:40 pm
Buy BritBike staff a coffee ☕️ or pint 🍺
by Morgan aka admin - 01/15/23 9:29 am
Benefactor ✅
by Morgan aka admin - 01/08/23 8:38 pm
How to guides - Technical articles
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Member Spotlight
Fisherman
Fisherman
Tennessee
Top Posters(30 Days)
Lannis 84
DavidP 83
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Kev. 34
DavidP 27
Newest Members
Uneasy Rider, Mally, Daveed, 70Triumph, Knight57Corv
12,392 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums35
Topics76,551
Posts784,416
Members12,392
Most Online204
Jul 10th, 2022
Random Gallery photo
Photo posting tutorial

Thread Like Summary
BeezaBryan, Gordon Gray, GrandPaul, NickL, ricochetrider, Semper Gumby
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#865018 12/03/2021 2:31 AM
by GrandPaul
GrandPaul
Here's the deal:

1. The ride takes place on the 100th day of the year (April 10th of 2022 is a Sunday, makes it easier for most folks)

2. Age of rider plus bike must equal or exceed 100. For you kids, grab a passenger that will make the math work.

3. You must do the ton (100MPH) at least once during the ride (for those not so inclined, you can do 100KPH, that's below the speed limit for goodness sake)

4. You must ride at least 100 miles. If you or your motorcycle are over 100, you can ride 100 kilometers.

All fairly easy if you own a classic bike. Plenty of time to prep the bike if it needs work or has been sitting (it happens).

There has been a lot of discussion about variations to achieve different "100s", such as 50 miles on the way to work then 50 miles on the way back home, average a minimum of 100KPH for the entire ride, 100 miles in 100 minutes, ride in 100 degree heat, whatever you can figure out to have as many 100s in your ride as possible; get creative.

THIS RIDE IS TOTALLY FLEXIBLE. The MAIN point of the ride is to GET OUR CLASSIC BIKES OUT ON THE ROAD FOR PEOPLE TO SEE.

There are a bunch of folks on various forums that have done the ride in the last few years since I first started it, and reported back with pix; that's part of the idea. I really thought it might catch on more, but there are a few that have done it 4 or 5 times now. I've only done it twice myself! 2022 SHOULD be my 3rd, and MAYBE as part of a Saddle-Sore 1,000 (1,000 miles in 24 hours). I've been trying to do that ride for over 20 years and still never have.

So, GET YOUR BIKE READY!

EXTRA POINTS IF YOU RIDE WITH, OR MEET UP WITH, ONE OR MORE CLASSIC BRITBIKERS!
Liked Replies
#877308 Apr 11th a 01:39 AM
by DavidP
DavidP
Chilly this morning, but it turned into a beautiful day, mid 60s.
I almost wore myself out starting the Trident. Don't know why it was such a pig, all I did yesterday was check the valve adjustment. Once started it ran well all day.
I took my planned route through town and north on Genesis Road, TN 298. Turned left on TN 62w, then right on TN 329n through Deer Lodge and out to Sunbright on US 27.
1/2 mile north on 27 I took a left on Burrville Road. That's a very fun road to scrape pegs. I got diverted from my planned route at an intersection where the road I'm on bears left and the road I took goes straight with no signage. I was hoping to end up on TN 52 near Rugby, but that road took me back to 27.
No problem, I went south on 27 and took a right on TN 62w. More fun this time than the last time I was on that section stuck behind a school bus.
I circled back to 298 and home. Not directly, I did stop at Pappy's Place for a couple of pints.
100th day, bike+ me 114, 120 miles if you believe a Smith's magnetic.
The ton was tempting, but I did manage a metric ton in several places.
Attached Images
3 members like this
by BeezaBryan
BeezaBryan
Originally Posted by GrandPaul
Originally Posted by BeezaBryan
I have a route, I have a bike but I no longer have the physical capability.
Perhaps if the medics sort me out an autumn ride might just be possible
I certainly hope they do get your issues sorted, not easy to sit on the sidelines...

I'll not be sitting at home moping, I hope to be here - https://www.darleymoorstore.co.uk/
watching some of this -
2 members like this
#877306 Apr 10th a 11:24 PM
by GrandPaul
GrandPaul
We had a nice ride, just over 120 miles after all. The return route from the ranch changed a bit, adding a few extra miles, as did 2 missed turns! My friend Josh (Triumph Bonneville SE, BRITBIKE CONTENT!) and his Dad (Honda Shadow) joined us.

100th day of the year
Sally & me on the ZRX = WELL over 100 years old
We topped the ton on a long straight, a bit over 115 actually
I'm sure we made over 100 turns, possibly over 100 RIGHT turn, not including lefts
The wind speed felt like 100 most of the time, it was awfully gusty
Conversation over lunch was about movies, I think we mentioned over 100 movie titles
While we saw other bikers out, we DEFINITELY didn't see 100 of them

Cafe Twenty-three-Hundred, in Burnet, was very decent. Good menu, good fare, good pricing, and we beat the crowd quite nicely. In fact, WE HAD THE PLACE TO OURSELVES! On the way back past, there were at least 4 or 5 cars there.

2 new roads for me, 690 past lake Buchanan, and 2341 to get us back to 29. 44 MPG on the 'Rex, in the wind, with a passenger; not bad.

Anyway, it was fun, nobody injured, and all 3 bikes got home safely.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Attached Images
2 members like this
by Howard Inough
Howard Inough
Originally Posted by GrandPaul
Other variables-

100 turns
100 roads
100 stops (probably won't have any takers on that one)
100 photos en route
100 vehicles passed (easy enough to do in high traffic areas)
100 gearshifts (ooooh, that might be a fun one to try)
100 songs hummed/sang while riding
100 wheelies

You get the idea...
100 proof when it's over?
1 member likes this
#876033 Mar 29th a 03:41 AM
by DavidP
DavidP
I haven't finalized my entire route. However, I do plan to ride the entire length of TN 85. The last time I was up that way the road was closed just as it got really interesting.
1 member likes this
by reverb
reverb
...meanwhile you go at 100MPH you can check and timing carburetors jets
1 member likes this
by ricochetrider
ricochetrider
I have a load in & load out Sundey the 10th. Depending on the weather, I could still make it out on the bike, should be plemty of time mid day, between calls.
1 member likes this
by BeezaBryan
BeezaBryan
I have a route, I have a bike but I no longer have the physical capability.
Perhaps if the medics sort me out an autumn ride might just be possible
1 member likes this
#877346 Apr 11th a 02:00 PM
by DavidP
DavidP
I had planned to take pictures at other stops until I got diverted from my route.
I need to upgrade my camera to one with a remote shutter release mounted on the handlebars. Most of these back roads offer no place safe to stop besides church parking lots.
1 member likes this
#877354 Apr 11th a 04:32 PM
by BeezaBryan
BeezaBryan
Originally Posted by DavidP
. Most of these back roads offer no place safe to stop besides.

I have a similar problem, lots to see.Either nowhere safe to stop or if there was I've gone past it with no safe way of going back
1 member likes this
British Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsBSA Unit SinglesPodtronicVintage MagazineBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2023 britbike.com