Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsSRM EngineeringGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership: Premium Membership Gold Membership

New Sponsor post
Cyber Monday Sale - 10% off at The Bonneville Shop
by The Bonneville Shop - 11/29/21 5:34 pm
New FAQ post
How to find my own threads?
by reverb - 11/20/21 3:55 pm
Manuals on DVD - Buy 4 for 3
All 4 DVD Manual
Member Spotlight
Boomer
Boomer
Orygone
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
Rohan 84
NickL 69
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
kevin 23
Newest Members
bradders, tizianouk, Breeze, FORTYTWO, TomV
11,929 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
4 members (Deadstiffcatt, TomV, Brian Brown, blueboat), 23 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Thread Like Summary
John Healy, JubeePrince, Lorenzo
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by Bob Fletcher
Bob Fletcher
I have 3 sets of Triumph Twin 750 pistons -- all different top shapes and heights-- is there a diagram somewhere that will detail what compression ratio they are by measuring the height from the wrist pin centers to the top of the pistons? I have a Glenn's Triumph Guide that shows this very well for 650 pistons on page 75---but nothing for 750's------ and-- is the 7.9 compression ratio what I should be building my engine with for normal street use? What other options of low compression pistons are there to choose from? Some of the piston sets are Routts TRW 403-99 pistons. The Routts look to be heavy duty pistons for racing?
Liked Replies
by L.A.B.
L.A.B.
Originally Posted by John Harvey
don't think there was anything available lower than the 7.9:1 option.

Also 7.4:1 (71-7085)
2 members like this
by Bob Fletcher
Bob Fletcher
I have ordered some new pistons -- after I receive them I will have enough data to put out here everything I know about comparing piston crown heights to compression ratio's---inquiring minds want to know!-- stay tuned
1 member likes this
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com