Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsSRM EngineeringGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership: Premium Membership Gold Membership

New Sponsor post
Cyber Monday Sale - 10% off at The Bonneville Shop
by The Bonneville Shop - 11/29/21 5:34 pm
New FAQ post
How to find my own threads?
by reverb - 11/20/21 3:55 pm
Manuals on DVD - Buy 4 for 3
All 4 DVD Manual
Member Spotlight
kevin
kevin
ohio, usa
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
NickL 79
Rohan 73
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Newest Members
old ion limey, muzz750, Motorcycles and Art, SteveDee, Gus_Carrero
11,924 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
5 members (MikeG, quinten, triton thrasher, MarcB, Magnetoman), 34 guests, and 18 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Thread Like Summary
T120C
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#861346 10/21/2021 6:00 PM
by T120C
T120C
hey guys, I mentioned a while back that a friend was going to gift me a 66 TR6, ended up being a Tr6SR!! Any info on this model, all I can find is meant for the US market with high handle bars. It does have the QD wheel and he had many of the bits powder coated before handing them off to me. I just finished painting the tank and fenders, I don't understand how real painters get their work so perfect! I didn't have a paint booth, but built just a plastic in the basement one for this project. Excited to see it go back together!!!

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Liked Replies
#861513 Oct 23rd a 05:54 PM
by Boomer
Boomer
I believe the "S" was added as a sales enhancement. I've seen it on a lot of different models from a '62 T100SC to a '66 120SR and many models in between.

Bill B...
1 member likes this
#861541 Oct 24th a 06:06 AM
by tiger_cub
tiger_cub
'S' was added to many 65/66 models. The TR6SR was similar to the TR6R but had the smaller tank and high bars
1 member likes this
#861655 Oct 25th a 05:00 PM
by Deadstiffcatt
Deadstiffcatt
In a couple of old 1964 motorcycle magazines I have, there is an ad for the Bonneville. With an itty bitty star next to the teeny tiny print way down near the bottom of the page are emblazoned the words, "Available with a single carburetor as the TR6SR."

If able to find it- at one time Ian Chadwick had yearly production figures of various Triumph models.....my 1965 TR6SR is one of approximately 932 built for the 1965 model season.
She (Miss Penny, the motorcycle) also has a built in penchant and dislike of Volvos and Prius's, resulting in sudden changes of direction as she flips a U and goes chasing one. Very temperamental bikes indeed, the TR6SR's!
1 member likes this
#861657 Oct 25th a 05:22 PM
by Deadstiffcatt
Deadstiffcatt
Found link to production numbers at Wikipedia- this is same chart once found with Ian Chadwick, have had no luck finding current Ian Chadwick page.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triumph_TR6_Trophy

Scroll down to production.

(Yes, Penny, I'll fix it. You are 1 of 922, not 932 built that year. Now go on out like a good motorcycle and play with your old scrap tires.)

I'm warning you, these TR6SR's are fussy.......
1 member likes this
#861674 Oct 25th a 08:47 PM
by Irish Swede
Irish Swede
There should be no decal on a 1966 side cover, unless it says "Bonneville 120."

Decals on the side cover for the other models began in 1968.
1 member likes this
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com