Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsSRM EngineeringGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership: Premium Membership Gold Membership

New Sponsor post
Cyber Monday Sale - 10% off at The Bonneville Shop
by The Bonneville Shop - 11/29/21 5:34 pm
New FAQ post
How to find my own threads?
by reverb - 11/20/21 3:55 pm
Manuals on DVD - Buy 4 for 3
All 4 DVD Manual
Member Spotlight
Boomer
Boomer
Orygone
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
Rohan 84
NickL 69
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
kevin 23
Newest Members
bradders, tizianouk, Breeze, FORTYTWO, TomV
11,929 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
4 members (Deadstiffcatt, TomV, Brian Brown, blueboat), 20 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Thread Like Summary
Allan G
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by mdodds
mdodds
Hello. I had new guides fitted and honed . The bike blows smoke and has an oily plug on the left hand side.Pretty sure the shop that did the job did not heat the head or drill out the old one. I was wondering if anyone had applied loctite blue or Stag , then pushed the guide back in.Or just clean it in situ and apply the same. 290 wicking Loctite?Cheers , Max.
Liked Replies
by kommando
kommando
Not going to work, you need the job done properly, with oversized guide, next time with another head that needs guide work get the guides relined as it's a lot safer.
1 member likes this
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com