Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsSRM EngineeringGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership: Premium Membership Gold Membership

New Sponsor post
Cyber Monday Sale - 10% off at The Bonneville Shop
by The Bonneville Shop - 11/29/21 5:34 pm
New FAQ post
How to find my own threads?
by reverb - 11/20/21 3:55 pm
Manuals on DVD - Buy 4 for 3
All 4 DVD Manual
Member Spotlight
Myles Raymond
Myles Raymond
Glasgow, Scotland
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
NickL 79
Rohan 73
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Newest Members
old ion limey, muzz750, Motorcycles and Art, SteveDee, Gus_Carrero
11,924 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
8 members (Chris the camper., quinten, L.A.B., BeezaBryan, GrandPaul, Norri Robertson, Dave Comeau, Deadstiffcatt), 35 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Thread Like Summary
Chip H, Gordon Gray, Tommy Thomas
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by KC in S.B.
KC in S.B.
Can only post 5 and have about 50.... Here's a few more.
Attached Images
Liked Replies
by KC in S.B.
KC in S.B.
Just some back-in-the-day photos
Attached Images
1 member likes this
by KC in S.B.
KC in S.B.
TT,… That particular shot was an eye catcher for me! It is obviously at one of the 4 identical 1942 WW II wooden hangars I have a space in still, after 79 years of hangar decay and neglect. Sure wish I could use the time machine to go back!
I was also aware of bikes other than the H-Ds that were pushed by the Club president and H-D dealer. A lot of Rigid frames show in the less heavy category. A few I can ID, but mostly cannot. The photo group shows MANY high pipe bikes, and I had not realized it was so popular. Maybe because these guy actually DID ride the hills and do river crossings. Wish I could post a home movie of the guys returning home from the finish line Camp site next morning. It’s jumpy and moves around too much, but It shows guys doing donuts, impromptu hill climbs, and finally the trek back home with river crossings. Some don’t get through as well as others. Those were the days, and memories carried till the lights went out. Different times..
Attached Images
1 member likes this
by MikeG
MikeG
KC-if that shot of the names on the wall is from your storage hanger it is pretty historic in its own right. Joe Foss was one of the USMS's leading aces in WW2 with 26 confirmed kills. After the war VMF115 was the first squadron to be equipped with the F9F Panther jet fighter. If that hanger is ever taken down that list should be saved.
1 member likes this
by ricochetrider
ricochetrider
KC, all pretty interesting stuff here. To MIke's point, perhaps if the airport/hangar owner/manager isn't interested in doing anything to preserve the historical aspects of this stuff, you could take it elsewhere. Just for one example of where- try the Smithsonian Air & Space museum. I for one feel like too much stuff falls thru the cracks. This is history of reasonable importance, it seems (to me at least). I agree it'd be great to have this stuff preserved
1 member likes this
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com