Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsSRM EngineeringGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership: Premium Membership Gold Membership

New Sponsor post
Cyber Monday Sale - 10% off at The Bonneville Shop
by The Bonneville Shop - 11/29/21 5:34 pm
New FAQ post
How to find my own threads?
by reverb - 11/20/21 3:55 pm
Manuals on DVD - Buy 4 for 3
All 4 DVD Manual
Member Spotlight
MikeJ
MikeJ
San Mateo, CA USA
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
NickL 79
Rohan 73
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Newest Members
old ion limey, muzz750, Motorcycles and Art, SteveDee, Gus_Carrero
11,924 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
6 members (desco, Morgan aka admin, BigBars, JBMorris, rweb, Norri Robertson), 47 guests, and 32 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Thread Like Summary
BeezaBryan, Gordon Gray, PINEMONKEY, ricochetrider, Tommy Thomas
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#860320 10/08/2021 3:32 PM
by Gordon Gray
Gordon Gray
Because some of you don't check the "Events" forum........

BEACH RUN 2022

Where?

Waterway Inn
160 Cedar Point Blvd
Swansboro, NC 28584

When?

Weekend of March 25-27, 2022

Group dinners Friday and Saturday Night. Guided (Mr Mike) ride Saturday with lunch stop ( approx 140 miles) Breakfast place 1/2 mile from motel. Seafood Restaurant just down the road.

We will have the entire motel to ourselves so we can spread out. You WILL NOT need to contact the motel for reservations.......we already have all the rooms reserved. IF your interested just contact me on this thread, PM or email at [email protected] and I'll put you on the list.

I understand it's a long way off ( sort of) but if your interested let me know. The motel has 16 rooms, 6 of those are doubles. Mike says an over flow motel is just down the road but I don't think we'll need it. I'm guessing 15 riders, some w/family maybe 20 total?

The reservations will be fluid.......and I'll keep you posted as to what's still available. Things will change as folks end up having conflicts and canceling.

Consider joining us.......EVERYONE IS WELCOME, come enjoy some riding and tire kicking.......not to mention some fresh seafood.

Gordon in NC

Details on the Events forum
Attached Images
Liked Replies
#861855 Oct 28th a 12:16 PM
by Gordon Gray
Gordon Gray
Originally Posted by Gordon Gray
Originally Posted by DPO
Too far for this old man….

A fellow tries to put on a flip flop friendly event and this is the support he gets.

Gordon

When I first started this I was in a bit of a panic and desperate to find out if there was enough interest to rent the entire motel for the weekend. I’ve been to several of these types of get togethers and felt that it would help if we didn’t have to deal with tourists who might not like old leaky motorcycles. I also like the idea of having everyone staying at the same place. So I was beating the bushes for some feedback.

Well, we’re past that now. The motel is all ours for the weekend…….bill’s been paid and that money has already been replaced. So…as far as I’m concerned the pressure is off and I’ll not beat anybody up about attending. If I can’t fill the motel…..so be it. ( the posted rates will not change) The folks that have committed will just have more room to spread out.

Everyone is welcome. We’ll eat, drink, ride and swap tales ( maybe not it that order) should be a good time.

Gordon in NC, USA

PS, you can’t tell from the posted photo of the motel but they have PLENTY of extra space for vehicles with trailers.

Also…..this is a FAMILY oriented event with several attendees planning on bringing their spouse.
2 members like this
#860368 Oct 9th a 02:07 AM
by wadeschields
wadeschields
Now that sounds like fun !!!! Count me in and lets hope there are no conflicts... Work is usually the culprit....
1 member likes this
#860591 Oct 12th a 03:10 PM
by GrandPaul
GrandPaul
I'm looking forward to a "pretty good" chance I'll be there, maybe even on a L-O-N-G motorcycle ride.

I'm not having very good luck on me belated Father's Day fishing trip - a forecasted 20% chance of rain is on the increase every time I look (Thursday-Sunday on the Texas coast)
1 member likes this
#860719 Oct 14th a 12:11 AM
by wadeschields
wadeschields
Awesome !!!
1 member likes this
#860862 Oct 16th a 03:00 AM
by Ob1quixote R.I.P.
Ob1quixote R.I.P.
I'd be there, but the lovely State Farm insurance hasnt made any attempt to make good on their red light running driver.

That, and as well, there may be another issue with my attendance, so y'alll POST UP SOME PIX DAMMIT!
1 member likes this
#860873 Oct 16th a 12:20 PM
by Gordon Gray
Gordon Gray
Originally Posted by Ob1quixote
I'd be there, but the lovely State Farm insurance hasnt made any attempt to make good on their red light running driver.

That, and as well, there may be another issue with my attendance, so y'alll POST UP SOME PIX DAMMIT!

I'm trying to figure out which way to go with this...........knowing you, I figure you'd not like the "poor ole me" thing. ( I've heard you say it)

In my book you're a good man Robert. You've always given more than you asked for. I remember the little girl you and your club were helping. Then there's Anna. Doesn't matter what you gathered over the years.........when it comes down to it, it's the lives you've touched. We're all just waiting our turn.

You'll be with us one way or the other........and we'll share photos.

Take care my friend.........Gordon in NC
1 member likes this
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com