Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply Classic Bike Parts Cheshire

Upgrade Your membership! Premium Membership Gold Membership Vendor Membership

New Sponsor post
New FAQ post
Photos on private message
by Mal Marsden - 06/16/22 7:00 pm
Manuals on DVD - Buy 4 for 3
All 4 DVD Manual
Member Spotlight
wilksville
wilksville
manchester england
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
reverb 80
Allan G 54
kevin 52
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Cyborg 31
gunner 27
Newest Members
budpotter, Mark Sharp, Ian Scotland UK, cherbini, grahamsmythe
12,158 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
4 members (Gordon Gray, Adam M., Les P, Magnetoman), 24 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums35
Topics76,301
Posts772,503
Members12,158
Most Online151
May 8th, 2022
Thread Like Summary
BAinLA, Bob B, Mark Brown
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#859662 09/29/2021 11:04 PM
by Daytona72
Daytona72
About 12 or 13 years ago I found this on Craigslist nearby for short money. It was about 90% there and the owner had bobbed it attempting to make a street racer. A complete strip down followed with a plan to bring it back to stock.. well close to it. Naturally life intervened and it sat in storage waiting for light of day. My source for Triumph and BSA knowledge (AKA Dad) traded for odds and ends, attaching an early rear fender to do away with the ugly gargoyle taillight. Now that I have a nice spacious garage at my house it’s time to get serious.. more to follow

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Liked Replies
#861181 Oct 19th a 06:54 PM
by Daytona72
Daytona72
Couple days compiled into one post for the last couple weeks.

Some issues were found when taking the top end off. Had to carefully drill out a couple very stripped Phillips screws. Pistons and cylinders looking good. Found the last owner used ALOT of liquid gasket which ended up everywhere so the cases are getting split.

Primary side looking good. Clutch setup was like new (probably is) Found a couple minor parts missing which I assume were omitted for weight. Couple more screws had to be drilled on the timing cover but went pretty easy. Transmission looking good and out. All for now at least what I can remember

1 member likes this
#877009 Apr 7th a 05:45 PM
by Blown Income
Blown Income
500's are fun bikes to ride especially on the back twisty roads. My '69 500C is probably one of the funest bikes I have on the back roads, light and nimble and really run great up on the cams.
1 member likes this
British Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsBSA Unit SinglesPodtronicVintage MagazineBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2022 britbike.com