Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supplyJob Cycle

Upgrade your membership to Premium Membership or Gold Membership or even Benefactor

New Sponsor post
10% Off Girling at The Bonneville Shop 2/3-2/9/23
by The Bonneville Shop - 02/03/23 6:14 pm
New FAQ post
News & Announcements
Premium members! 🌟
by Morgan aka admin - 02/09/23 12:52 pm
Benefactor ✅
by Morgan aka admin - 02/09/23 11:15 am
Buy BritBike staff a coffee ☕️ or pint 🍺
by Morgan aka admin - 01/15/23 9:29 am
How to guides - Technical articles
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Member Spotlight
Mountain that speaks
Mountain that speaks
Scottsville, NY
Top Posters(30 Days)
Lannis 90
DavidP 84
kevin 56
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Kev. 32
DavidP 26
Lannis 26
Newest Members
Igloo, patrickblue, j-bud, Uneasy Rider, Mally
12,395 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums35
Topics76,568
Posts784,697
Members12,395
Most Online204
Jul 10th, 2022
Random Gallery photo
Photo posting tutorial

Thread Like Summary
BeezaBryan, Gordon Gray, MikeG, Morgan aka admin, ricochetrider, royaloilfield
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#855827 08/09/2021 6:21 PM
by Richrd
Richrd
I have noticed the last few years that there are no new faces at the tsmr or the tsmr, or the reunion ride.

I was wondering if the new bb.c inmates are even aware we have these going on. I know we have the events board, but who looks at all the different boards, and many are not aware that is there.

We need to get new people involved, or will soon be just Mike, Lannis, and I
Liked Replies
#856267 Aug 16th a 08:15 PM
by BeezaBryan
BeezaBryan
Originally Posted by ricochetrider

THAT SAID,
Maybe actual participation has dropped off while lurking and looking still runs pretty strong? For example my thread this summer has over 4,000 views but only a couple people have bothered to comment- even when I've asked for commentary.

Whatever. I'm one who likes to use everything at my disposal to accomplish whatever it is. Internet forums, related fb groups, social media pages or outlets, are just tools. One does not build a house with just a hammer. Certainly there will be some crossover activity between platforms, but no single "tool" will reach the whole audience.

To some extent I have become one of the lurkers.
Not really from choice, there are times when I really have nothing to add to a thread then there are times when I do want to say something.
But there is a problem, since some of the health shyte occurred I do not find it so easy as before in stringing together the right sequence of words that will read what is in my mind. To edit and re edit is a right pain in the butt!
Morgan providing a "like" option has been a God Send for me.

So there we have it folks, I've become an appreciative reader, lurker and looker at folks pics & words.
3 members like this
#856271 Aug 16th a 08:51 PM
by Morgan aka admin
Morgan aka admin
Gordon is spot on. I cannot believe I'm still doing this after 25 years, The board itself it just great but the work behind is .... well its a challenge let say that with the computer tech stuff and scam/phish/hacks out there.

Challenge aside, I'm all ears if you guys have feedback on how to.

Year 2020-2021 has also been a challenge with so little rides and rallies maybe we can pick that up soon.
3 members like this
#856301 Aug 17th a 06:17 AM
by wadeschields
wadeschields
Yes Morgan thanks for all the hard work and effort.... The R&T doesnt seem as busy as it once was but still good stuff going on... But the BSA section seems pretty busy as well as other sections too.... Things shift all the time and I do my best to go with the flow.... I mostly use facebook to look at old photos... Thats the kind of groups I belong to there... But I dont ever expect to meet the caliber of friends there that I met here over the years .... Life long friends that I currently miss seeing in person... Soon enough !!!
3 members like this
#856089 Aug 13th a 03:20 PM
by No Name Man
No Name Man
Bigger breakfasts! What a good idea!
2 members like this
#856239 Aug 16th a 01:43 PM
by No Name Man
No Name Man
Just tell em to decide for you, Hillbilly. That will seem right at home for you full English types
2 members like this
#856013 Aug 12th a 02:15 PM
by Lannis
Lannis
Originally Posted by Ob1quixote
Mmmm, oysters!

"He were a brave man that first et an oyster ...."
1 member likes this
#856028 Aug 12th a 05:13 PM
by MikeG
MikeG
I'm not sure who had the bigger cojones, the first guy to eat an oyster or the first guy to eat a lobster.
1 member likes this
#856076 Aug 13th a 12:33 PM
by Zimm
Zimm
I like my oyster fried, that way I know my oysters died.
1 member likes this
#856085 Aug 13th a 02:45 PM
by MikeG
MikeG
What does any of this have to do with BB.c get togethers and bringing in new blood? Anybody who does not know that's reading this will think that BB.c stands for Belly Busters.com.
1 member likes this
#856086 Aug 13th a 02:54 PM
by Gordon Gray
Gordon Gray
Originally Posted by MikeG
What does any of this have to do with BB.c get togethers and bringing in new blood? Anybody who does not know that's reading this will think that BB.c stands for Belly Busters.com.

Bigger Breakfasts. com

Oh this could get interesting.

Gordon
1 member likes this
#856237 Aug 16th a 01:14 PM
by Kent Shaun
Kent Shaun
Now hold on thar one cotton picking minute all y'all, why wasn't I told about the Belly Busting Breakfast, and I LOVE me Oysters and Lobster, ifn we can get on that Kerosene Pigeon I'll be there with my hunger like a shot.... grin

I'll have to ask No Name to order up for me, still can't get me head around all the questions.... ohno
1 member likes this
#856240 Aug 16th a 01:46 PM
by Lannis
Lannis
Originally Posted by Kent Shaun
Now hold on thar one cotton picking minute all y'all, why wasn't I told about the Belly Busting Breakfast, and I LOVE me Oysters and Lobster, ifn we can get on that Kerosene Pigeon I'll be there with my hunger like a shot.... grin

I'll have to ask No Name to order up for me, still can't get me head around all the questions.... ohno

All right, one more time but this is it ....

England - "Breakfast, please" and a Full English shows up and nothing more to say.

USA -
"White, wheat, or rye, or a biscuit?"
"Butter or jelly"?
"Regular or decaf? Cream and sugar?"
"Bacon or sausage? Both? No, sorry, the Wakeup Special only comes with one or the other."
"How would you like your eggs? Fried or scrambled?"
"Sunnyside up? Over easy? Over hard?"
"Grits or fried apples?
"Potatoes with that? Home fries, hash-browns? Onions with that?"
"Orange or apple juice?"

It's not difficult, you just have to listen and practice! Keep your head in the game and you'll get through it!

Lannis
1 member likes this
#856034 Aug 12th a 07:36 PM
by scott garland
scott garland
Lobster, isn't that an ocean going cockroach ?
1 member likes this
#856262 Aug 16th a 07:02 PM
by Gordon Gray
Gordon Gray
Tom I remember a time when we had 662 registered users and no sponsors........it's come a long way from that. clap

I'm on here and FB......and a small text list. I have trouble keeping up with those. I'd have to say that some on that list wish I would lose that number. laughing

I've viewed your photos several times and really enjoy them. I don't know squat about photography so don't have anything to offer.....love the subject matter. I think it's something a lot of people enjoy.......even if we don't say it often enough.

The good doctors threads are an example of something that I personally enjoy very much but don't feel comfortable enough posting anything to them.......which might be taken the wrong way.

Morgan started this out as a hobby but always wanted it to grow and be self-sufficient.......a profit is not a bad thing for a man's that retired. Bless him for putting up with all the drama over the years........and good on him if he's figured out a way to keep it going. There was a time when it was all on him, pulled the money out of his own pocket to keep it going.

The audience is aging out but I really don't see a decline in content at all. We have lost several from that 662. But we're lucky enough to have some really good minds in here that are still willing to share. You could be right about growth.....I have no clue about membership trends. I "feels" a lot bigger nowadays.

Gordon in NC, USA
1 member likes this
#856264 Aug 16th a 07:58 PM
by BeezaBryan
BeezaBryan
Originally Posted by No Name Man
Just tell em to decide for you, Hillbilly. That will seem right at home for you full English types

An early evening in August of the year 2006 we landed in America for the first time, long long trip from UK via Paris France we were dog tired.
Through jet lagged eyes & eras neither me nor Marie could read or understand a word in the diner. My solution to our dilemma- "Sorry we're too tired for all this, could you just feed us please?" It worked, we are forever grateful to our black lady server who fed us and did so very well.
Never had to do it again except perhaps during the 2014 overland trip we did follow (good) advice with some Mexican stuff, thanks Bill.
1 member likes this
#856291 Aug 17th a 12:30 AM
by ricochetrider
ricochetrider
Originally Posted by Morgan aka admin
Gordon is spot on. I cannot believe I'm still doing this after 25 years, The board itself it just great but the work behind is .... well its a challenge let say that with the computer tech stuff and scam/phish/hacks out there.

Challenge aside, I'm all ears if you guys have feedback on how to.

Year 2020-2021 has also been a challenge with so little rides and rallies maybe we can pick that up soon.

Morgan, good deal man, I'm happy to be proven wrong here- glad the forum is doing well, then!
1 member likes this
British Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsBSA Unit SinglesPodtronicVintage MagazineBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2023 britbike.com