Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply Classic Bike Parts Cheshire

Upgrade Your membership! Premium Membership Gold Membership Vendor Membership

New Sponsor post
New FAQ post
Manuals on DVD - Buy 4 for 3
All 4 DVD Manual
Member Spotlight
maylar
maylar
Connecticut
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
quinten 68
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
NickL 30
quinten 28
Newest Members
FERRARTIS GROUP LD, Okp, Stevie B, EmmBeeDee, dresda
12,125 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
6 members (JDH, pushrod tom, Tom A65LR, Dave Comeau, konon, Lannis), 27 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums35
Topics76,065
Posts769,652
Members12,125
Most Online151
May 8th, 2022
Thread Like Summary
Allan G, Chip H, RF Whatley
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by Nickjaxe
Nickjaxe
As the title says.....anybody on here converted their spoked wheels to tubeless....with proper tubeless tyres of course?

I always prefer tubeless tyres for mainly they are far far better reliably, but to less extent they are weight-saving....and also the fact that in the unlikely event of a small penetration simply get you home fixes at slow speed can work.....of high speed with less simple roadside fixes.

My Triumph T100 has spoked wheels and I have recently become aware of tubeless conversions.....some are purpose-made and others are based on the commercial kits but DIY.

I would love to hear your views if you have experience on this subject or have considered it?

Nick in the UK.
Liked Replies
by tridentt150v
tridentt150v
https://www.triumphrat.net/search/471847/?q=converting+to+tubeless&t=post&o=relevance

Heaps of info on the RAT site
1 member likes this
by Nickjaxe
Nickjaxe
Originally Posted by Andy Higham
Tubeless tyres need a completely different rim profile
Some say other wise.
1 member likes this
by Deadstiffcatt
Deadstiffcatt
Perhaps look at it this way:
I'd like to put tubeless tires on a rim with 41 holes in it. What could possibly go wrong at 70mph?
1 member likes this
British Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsBSA Unit SinglesPodtronicVintage MagazineBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2022 britbike.com