Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsSRM EngineeringGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership: Premium Membership Gold Membership

New Sponsor post
Cyber Monday Sale - 10% off at The Bonneville Shop
by The Bonneville Shop - 11/29/21 5:34 pm
New FAQ post
How to find my own threads?
by reverb - 11/20/21 3:55 pm
Manuals on DVD - Buy 4 for 3
All 4 DVD Manual
Member Spotlight
kommando
kommando
Scotland
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
NickL 79
Rohan 77
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
kevin 22
Newest Members
old ion limey, muzz750, Motorcycles and Art, SteveDee, Gus_Carrero
11,924 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
7 members (bsalloyd, BSA_WM20, 2ndchildhood, DJinCA, Robbo6, BrizzoBrit, Mark Z), 23 guests, and 18 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Thread Like Summary
Gordon Gray, konon, Mark Parker, pushrod tom, Semper Gumby
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#851173 06/09/2021 11:37 AM
by Mike Baker
Mike Baker
Doing the final once over's to the race bikes and getting ready for the long pull up I95 to Millville NJ and NJ Motorsports Park. My son is finally taking the race school and will be on the track with his Honda RC51. As usual, I'll be racing my Triumph in Classic 60's 650 and the B50 in Production Heavyweight. Would be happy to see any of you "locals" if you have time. Semper Bill and Alan F will be there riding their 650's as well. June 18-20.
Liked Replies
#851276 Jun 10th a 11:33 AM
by Mike Baker
Mike Baker
Bill Gould aka Semper Gumby is planning to make an appearance with his A65. We typically pit together. 17c and 59c. I believe the big Honda will be there with us too. #399.
2 members like this
#851275 Jun 10th a 11:21 AM
by pushrod tom
pushrod tom
I expect to be there and will be looking out for the Beezers.
2 members like this
#852117 Jun 22nd a 11:53 AM
by Mike Baker
Mike Baker
All forgiven, Bill. Get it ready for Michigan.
Had a good day Saturday. Took wins on both bikes. Almost prefer to not talk about Sunday.... Bumped the B50 into 500 Sportsman. Then allowed my throttle hand to write a check that the bike couldn't cash. A bit too much throttle coming out of a left turn ended in a lowside. Then had a coil bracket fail on the 650.

Mark, Any European 650 pre 1970. Triton etc, ok. Stock frames only. Exhaust below footpegs. No disc brakes but 71 conical is legal. Stock look is specified but most use clubman type seats. Max .040 overbore, max 32mm carbs, concentric or "period" carbs. I have VM's and so far nobody has protested. 4 speed gearbox or 5 speed restricted to 4. Pretty much anything internally is fine as long as the carb and overbore is adhered to. My Triumph is tuned fairly mildly. I have some well designed 10.5 pistons, stock cams, 750 intake, and a 4 plug head. It starts making good power at about 4.5k and doesn't turn off till I do, usually about 7200.
2 members like this
#852112 Jun 22nd a 10:43 AM
by Mark Parker
Mark Parker
What are the rules for classic '60s 650? What are you allowed to do?
1 member likes this
#852125 Jun 22nd a 02:33 PM
by Big Al in York
Big Al in York
Happy to report that my bike made it through the weekend without any issue!

3rd on Saturday, 2nd on Sunday.

Making good progress with my riding.

As always, great advice and support from Mike.

Can't wait to do it again.
1 member likes this
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com