Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsSRM EngineeringGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership: Premium Membership Gold Membership

New Sponsor post
Cyber Monday Sale - 10% off at The Bonneville Shop
by The Bonneville Shop - 11/29/21 5:34 pm
New FAQ post
How to find my own threads?
by reverb - 11/20/21 3:55 pm
Manuals on DVD - Buy 4 for 3
All 4 DVD Manual
Member Spotlight
Myles Raymond
Myles Raymond
Glasgow, Scotland
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
NickL 79
Rohan 73
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Newest Members
old ion limey, muzz750, Motorcycles and Art, SteveDee, Gus_Carrero
11,924 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
5 members (L.A.B., quinten, RPM, Morgan aka admin, Chris the camper.), 39 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Thread Like Summary
GrandPaul, PINEMONKEY
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#850647 06/04/2021 11:17 AM
by Dan-oh
Dan-oh
Bought around 2008 and was totally restored. Both the motor and transmission were professionally rebuilt including the sludge trap. It last ran in 2014 but I stored it properly and regularly kick the bike over. It has been in a heated garage and I’m confident it will not take much to get it running (if there is interest, I will get it running). There is a letter from the BSA club in England that states the motor and frame left the factory together and it’s a real Rocket Goldstar. It also has an Ohio title.

The good:
-Motor is on standard bore and has good compression
-Mag and dynamo were rebuilt
-Transmission is RTT (not RTT2)
-Front brake is 190mm (if that’s a good thing)
-Has Dunlop alloy wheels
-NOS seat

The downside of the bike is the PO chromed a lot of the bike. We stripped and painted or powder coated what was appropriate and left the rest which means the front brake and engine cases are chromed. The chrome is in good shape. The paint job on the tank looks a bit amateurish.

Asking $21,000.00

Link to photos:
https://postimg.cc/gallery/R4T971N

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Liked Replies
#850708 Jun 4th a 11:26 PM
by Jon W. Whitley
Jon W. Whitley
Originally Posted by Dan-oh
I’m confident it will not take much to get it running (if there is interest, I will get it running).

I can't imagine that anyone who is contemplating spending $21000 on a motorcycle of any type doesn't have an interest in knowing and hearing that it runs and rides, before they lay down the cash, write the check or do the bank transfer crazy

Just my 2c wink
1 member likes this
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com