Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsSRM EngineeringGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership: Premium Membership Gold Membership

New Sponsor post
Cyber Monday Sale - 10% off at The Bonneville Shop
by The Bonneville Shop - 11/29/21 5:34 pm
New FAQ post
How to find my own threads?
by reverb - 11/20/21 3:55 pm
Manuals on DVD - Buy 4 for 3
All 4 DVD Manual
Member Spotlight
MikeJ
MikeJ
San Mateo, CA USA
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
NickL 79
Rohan 73
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Newest Members
old ion limey, muzz750, Motorcycles and Art, SteveDee, Gus_Carrero
11,924 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
8 members (BigBars, NYBSAGUY, harvey_mushman, Morgan aka admin, Bob Fletcher, Nate stuch, L.A.B., Hugh Jörgen), 30 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Thread Like Summary
Jon W. Whitley, PINEMONKEY
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by DJinCA
DJinCA
LINK
[Linked Image from images.craigslist.org]
Liked Replies
by Jon W. Whitley
Jon W. Whitley
Originally Posted by Irish Swede
HOW MANY so-called "professional restorations" have we seen that are screwed up?

Add this one to them.

There's also the possibility that the owner specified that his hubs be finished in black, or even added them afterward.

All in all, this is still a very nice-looking bike and the asking price seems pretty reasonable for this particular type of machine in this condition. The seller also states that it runs great, unlike another seller on this forum who is asking almost three times as much for his and will get it running if there is interest. The other might be an RGS but weighing the two, this GF looks pretty attractive for multiple reasons black hubs or not.

The Ad:

1956 BSA Golden Flash A10 - Runs Great - Clean CA Title - $7,500 (Fountain Valley)

1956 BSA Golden Flash 650cc

Made in England. This BSA was shipped back to England to be professionally restored about 7 years ago and then shipped back to the US. It has been recently serviced. It starts easily and runs great! This is a complete and original BSA. I have all the records from the restoration including the original pictures. Wheels were rebuilt by Buchanan's spoke and rim. Restoration was preformed by Dranganfly Motorcycles in UK. It comes with a few extra parts and repair / parts manuals. The pictures should answer most of your questions. You are not going to find another big cc BSA in this condition for this price!

Clean and Clear California Title with Tags Registered Non-op.

The bike is located in Southern California. It is prefered to sell the bike here in person to the buyer. However if you would like to ship the bike I am happy to work with you and your shipper to make that happen. I have worked in the motorcycle industry for 10+ years and I have shipped numerous bikes to buyers over the years.

The price is $7,500 Firm
1 member likes this
by PINEMONKEY
PINEMONKEY
I'll take the black hubs over chromed covers and an admittedly amateurish tank resto.
Plus, it runs!

For the price of a non-running RGS you could drop $500 on "correct" hubs and hoops and still have $13K to spend on tshirts and tacos.

Then again... those hubs could be PAINTED PLYWOOD!
Wait.. it also RUNS!? Is there a Honda engine secreted away inside the gearbox?! GASP!

Ennyhoo, I think it is a classy looking bike that appears rather complete and, as advertised, sounds well-sorted.
1 member likes this
by Lannis
Lannis
Originally Posted by PINEMONKEY
That is a lovely machine.

It IS a lovely machine, and if it's as represented in the photos, and runs well, it's well worth the money.

I think what's bothering people is the two unfortunate words "Professionally Restored". As mentioned, it probably just means that he paid a guy money to fix it; he probably didn't mean "restored to factory concours condition, a 100 point VMCC winner". Because if he did, it would be a LOT more money than that, and there would be a whole lot more rivets to count.

I'd have a look at it, except ... well, I already have one just like it!

[Linked Image from photos.smugmug.com]

Lannis
1 member likes this
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com