Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsSRM EngineeringGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership: Premium Membership Gold Membership

New Sponsor post
Cyber Monday Sale - 10% off at The Bonneville Shop
by The Bonneville Shop - 11/29/21 5:34 pm
New FAQ post
How to find my own threads?
by reverb - 11/20/21 3:55 pm
Manuals on DVD - Buy 4 for 3
All 4 DVD Manual
Member Spotlight
Myles Raymond
Myles Raymond
Glasgow, Scotland
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
NickL 79
Rohan 73
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Newest Members
old ion limey, muzz750, Motorcycles and Art, SteveDee, Gus_Carrero
11,924 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
5 members (L.A.B., quinten, RPM, Morgan aka admin, Chris the camper.), 39 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Thread Like Summary
Chip H, gavin eisler, Z900
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#850357 05/31/2021 3:55 PM
by dave jones
dave jones
After that crazy oil thread I was just wondering why every other modern upgrade is allowed such as electronic ignition, power boxes etc, etc. No one seems to be too much of a luddite when it comes to all that stuff.

Dave
Liked Replies
#850393 Jun 1st a 10:01 AM
by Andy Higham
Andy Higham
My B31 has some "modern" additions.
DBD head and barrel with Nikasil bore, electric start, electronic magdyno, LED bulbs, 5 speed gearbox, Pearson crank/rod and synthetic 20-50 oil are a few of them
1 member likes this
#850551 Jun 3rd a 02:49 AM
by Mark Z
Mark Z
Originally Posted by mondtster
Originally Posted by Chip H
Like your oil filter Mark, have not seen it before.
Educate me please.

That looks like a MAP Cycle oil filter kit. I have one on my T140 too; they take trident oil filters.

Right, MAP Cycle. The backing plate is not part of the kit. The kit comes with two "figure 8" clamps, with which you can clamp the filter to the frame. But I don't have side panels for this bike, or a tool carrier, so I wanted to fill that space and hide the ugly side of the rear fender. My homemade backing plate bolts to the two frame lugs for the tool carrier with L-brackets.
1 member likes this
#850428 Jun 1st a 05:46 PM
by Andy Higham
Andy Higham
The 6M (20ft) test. The only real stand outs are the front brake and folding kickstart
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]20180609_152238 by Sigma Projects, on Flickr
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]20180609_152321 by Sigma Projects, on Flickr
1 member likes this
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com