Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supplyJob Cycle

Upgrade your membership to Premium Membership or Gold Membership or even Benefactor

New Sponsor post
10% Off Girling at The Bonneville Shop 2/3-2/9/23
by The Bonneville Shop - 02/03/23 6:14 pm
New FAQ post
News & Announcements
Premium members! 🌟
by Morgan aka admin - 02/04/23 2:40 pm
Buy BritBike staff a coffee ☕️ or pint 🍺
by Morgan aka admin - 01/15/23 9:29 am
Benefactor ✅
by Morgan aka admin - 01/08/23 8:38 pm
How to guides - Technical articles
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Member Spotlight
Denis J
Denis J
Sacramento, CA
Top Posters(30 Days)
Lannis 84
DavidP 83
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Kev. 34
DavidP 27
Newest Members
Uneasy Rider, Mally, Daveed, 70Triumph, Knight57Corv
12,392 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums35
Topics76,551
Posts784,416
Members12,392
Most Online204
Jul 10th, 2022
Random Gallery photo
Photo posting tutorial

Thread Like Summary
Kev Ev, NickL
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#849315 05/19/2021 10:40 AM
by Kev Ev
Kev Ev
Hi all,

Has anyone ever replaced the ball pins in the A65 rocker arms?

I'm just wondering what is involved. Is it simply a case of pressing, or drifting the old ball pins out and new ones in?

How tight is the interference fit and is there anything else that need to be done, or is cause for concern?

Cheers,

Kev E
Attached Images
Liked Replies
#849384 May 19th a 09:26 PM
by DMadigan
DMadigan
It could be they are substituting triple pins for the A65. Triple pins do not have the drilling.
2 members like this
#849394 May 19th a 11:08 PM
by koncretekid
koncretekid
Kevin,

I just have a one-ton arbour press and they are not hard to press out.

I broke that push rod cap on my 600cc B50 because the pushrod was too short. Having said that, today I took my T100 out for the first time since I rebuilt it for the second time, having replaced the exhaust valves, and didn't get 5 miles (running very well with no oil leaks) before the left cylinder got a tap-tap-tapping noise. I turned around to limp home, but didn't make it. Removed the valve adjustment cover on the left exhaust rocker to find it wasn't moving. I'm sure it's a broken pushrod cap, so I'm not immune to having it happen again. So off with the rocker box again to check it out. I just put in new oversize exhaust valves and had the seats professionally done, so I'm at a loss to know what is causing this problem. Too long or too short or WTF!

I used copper rocker box gaskets this time, so maybe the pushrods are too short now?

Tom
1 member likes this
British Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsBSA Unit SinglesPodtronicVintage MagazineBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2023 britbike.com