Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsSRM EngineeringGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership: Premium Membership Gold Membership

New Sponsor post
Cyber Monday Sale - 10% off at The Bonneville Shop
by The Bonneville Shop - 11/29/21 5:34 pm
New FAQ post
How to find my own threads?
by reverb - 11/20/21 3:55 pm
Manuals on DVD - Buy 4 for 3
All 4 DVD Manual
Member Spotlight
JubeePrince
JubeePrince
Maryland, USA
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
NickL 79
Rohan 73
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Newest Members
old ion limey, muzz750, Motorcycles and Art, SteveDee, Gus_Carrero
11,924 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
9 members (ducati2242, Stuart Kirk, koncretekid, Robert Dentico, Gary Caines, L.A.B., gavin eisler, wilksville, John Harvey), 30 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Thread Like Summary
gunner, pushrod tom, RobJP
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#847167 04/26/2021 8:02 AM
by gunner
gunner
Yesterday, I finally managed to get my A65 out of the garage and spend some time riding.

The bike has been standing in the garage for at least 6 months and apart from an occasional battery recharge I haven't done anything.

As expected, all of the oil from the tank had drained into the sump and also made its way into the primary. I drained the sump and found the usual grey matter on the sump plug. I also unscrewed the primary oil level socket cap and waited a while until the excess had drained. I'm not sure how the oil finds it way into the primary, maybe the drive side bearing seal is ineffective?

Next job was to pump up the tyres, the front always seems to loose pressure and was down to 10psi, the rear wasn't too bad and was at about 25psi.

With the drain bolts reattached and some fresh oil in the tank, the next step was startup.

I ticked both carbs and swung on the lever, the bike spluttered. Next attempt she spluttered a bit more, more carb tickling and a third resulted in a full start, I snuck her into gear and we were off. The Esso Synergy Supreme+ 99 premium petrol I had filled up with last year had done its job and hadn't gone stale as it's ethanol free.

I spent the next hour or so riding round the local roads and checking the performance and stopped for a brief photo opportunity, see below.

Looking at the pic I can already see a few jobs need doing, the chain needs tightening, the tank isn't level and some cables need tie downs.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Liked Replies
#847213 Apr 26th a 06:20 PM
by C.B.S
C.B.S
well done!
1 member likes this
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com