Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsSRM EngineeringGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership: Premium Membership Gold Membership

New Sponsor post
Cyber Monday Sale - 10% off at The Bonneville Shop
by The Bonneville Shop - 11/29/21 5:34 pm
New FAQ post
How to find my own threads?
by reverb - 11/20/21 3:55 pm
Manuals on DVD - Buy 4 for 3
All 4 DVD Manual
Member Spotlight
MikeJ
MikeJ
San Mateo, CA USA
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
NickL 79
Rohan 73
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Newest Members
old ion limey, muzz750, Motorcycles and Art, SteveDee, Gus_Carrero
11,924 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
10 members (Tridentman, Edalfa, Lannis, trevinoz, L.A.B., Chris the camper., BeezaBryan, Hugh Jörgen, Morgan aka admin, desco), 45 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Thread Like Summary
chainreaction, D.Bachtel, GrandPaul, johnu, NickL
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#847146 04/25/2021 11:42 PM
by Hillbilly bike
Hillbilly bike
There's more info in the modified form....Basics, 61 frame , 60 Super Road Rocket engine , rebuilt but stock...2000 ish Honda CBR 43mm fork assembly, A65 fuel tank reworked to fit A65 front wheel, Triumph rear wheel , this that and the other things......
7 months ago I started with a frame, some engine parts and some junk...Now I got this
Attached Images
Liked Replies
#847194 Apr 26th a 01:50 PM
by Tridentman
Tridentman
Disagree---the half width front brake is much better than the later full width Ariel or BSA front brakes.
"Back in the day" sidecar racers used to take two of them , machine the hubs and weld them back to back to have a double brake.
They were great on a road race outfit.
I had the half width brake on a 1954 A7 Shooting Star.
Coming down to Cregg-Ny-Baa on the Mountain Course on the Isle of Man in 1967 with friends (we had been energetically riding the course) a friend came alongside me and motioned to stop for a drink.
We pulled into the Cregg-Ny-Baa Hotel at the bottom of the hill, parked up and went inside for a pint (or two----).
We had only been inside for a couple of minutes when a guy came rushing in and said "Whose is the BSA A7 in the car park?-- it is on fire".
I rushed outside to find smoke from the grease in the front hub rising into the air!

Tony--set up the brake properly as I know you will do and I dont think that you will be disappointed in it.
Just my two cents worth of course.
2 members like this
#848460 May 8th a 09:37 PM
by Hillbilly bike
Hillbilly bike
Got more work done. As always I cut the friction discs on the lathe for more effective average mean radius and more grip.
Attached Images
2 members like this
#849119 May 17th a 11:26 AM
by Hillbilly bike
Hillbilly bike
It's off the work lift...a few minor details, probably start it tomorrow
Attached Images
2 members like this
#847332 Apr 27th a 08:33 PM
by kommando
kommando
I widened out the 1/2 circle end on the shoe using a milling cutter the same diameter as the pivot, just needs 1/4" so the shoe can float itself.
1 member likes this
#849238 May 18th a 03:27 PM
by Hillbilly bike
Hillbilly bike
Originally Posted by GrandPaul
"wet" clutch.

Oh, boy...
Ever taken apart a Triumph or BSA clutch other than a triple that didn't have oil on the plates? I call that wet , lol.....Perhaps we need to say "damp". Early Sportsters had a sealed clutch assembly running in the primary oil, in theory it stayed dry inside....
1 member likes this
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com