Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM EngineeringLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Welcome to BritBike Forum!
Britbike forum logo
Member Spotlight
Danam
Danam
San Francisco
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Thread Like Summary
BeezaBryan, DPO, Gordon Gray
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#846905 04/23/2021 11:11 AM
by MikeG
MikeG
In light of the news about the BRI how have any plans changed? Is the gathering at Windys still on? I'm happy to stay there but some company would be nice. Could we have a sign in as it were with plans to be determined as it develops?
Liked Replies
#847535 Apr 30th a 02:54 AM
by DavidP
DavidP
I'll be at Windy's in Casa de Ford, room number E150.
I hope to get there Wednesday, but maybe Thursday.
2 members like this
#846924 Apr 23rd a 02:50 PM
by No Name Man
No Name Man
I'm still in. Will be different without the motel weekend but that's the way it goes
1 member likes this
#846907 Apr 23rd a 11:18 AM
by bill50cal
bill50cal
see my last post.
1 member likes this
#846984 Apr 24th a 03:00 AM
by HughdeMann
HughdeMann
I'll be there Mike. With some luck, so will the Daytona. I plan to arrive Wednesday afternoon, and I have reserved a cabin.
1 member likes this
#847002 Apr 24th a 01:10 PM
by MikeG
MikeG
I'll most likely be alone this year. Bob has a prior commitment and Grampy won't sleep in a tent so I'm not even going to ask him. If my truck is all set by then (new transfer case) I'll load a bike or two and my camping gear. If it's not I'll UPS gear down and ride my Suzuki the entire way. Either way I plan on leaving New Hampshire Monday morning and get there when I get there.
Looking forward to it!
1 member likes this
#847186 Apr 26th a 01:20 PM
by MikeG
MikeG
Grampy Paul says he plans on riding to Georgia the end of May so I'm pretty sure he's out. Looks like its just me and the three Padron cigars I got stashed away in a humidor box.
1 member likes this
#847188 Apr 26th a 01:23 PM
by MikeG
MikeG
Originally Posted by Gordon Gray
Not really my place to say anything but......you guys know me shocked

IMO those you you that “know” need to help those who don’t. The BRI was my suggestion at our first TSMR. Price and accessibly. I had no clue at the time how much it would become a major part of the event.....that just evolved.

If you want folks to show up......people who have never been in the area could use advise from those who have.

Mountain City
Elizabethton
Johnson City
Bristol

None of those places are that far away. The ride to Mountain City or Bristol could be a challenge for some after dark and a few beers.

I’d be shocked if there weren’t some B&Bs in Damascus.

Just saying.......think about how many hands were raised at the riders meeting when the question was asked “ Who’s here for the first time?”

Gordon

Lots of places to stay in Damascus Gordon, as long as Trail Daze doesn't pack them full. Another option is what Grampy and I did a few years ago. We rented a camper through Airbnb. The owner lived in Bristol and delivered it right to Windys campground for us. Probably lots of other rentals in the area if you look hard enough.
1 member likes this
#847190 Apr 26th a 01:30 PM
by Lannis
Lannis
Originally Posted by MikeG
Lots of places to stay in Damascus Gordon, as long as Trail Daze doesn't pack them full.

The math doesn't quite work out for us. Population of Damascus, Virginia most of the year - 789. Population of Damascus during Trail Days weekend - 10,000+.

I wouldn't count on a motel room there!

However, the idea of finding another motel as TSMR headquarters on or near the route somewhere is not a bad idea; somehow, a place that is today like the BRI was 20 years (or 3 years) ago. The original route that Gordon laid out is a perpetual winner, so it wouldn't matter where we started out along the way. Or we could incorporate segments from last year's ride, which was also a good one.... Elizabethton is a lovely little town as I remember ... ?

Lannis
1 member likes this
#847054 Apr 25th a 12:09 AM
by Richrd
Richrd
I'll be there Monday?

Some nites camp, some nites motel in mountain city
1 member likes this
#847115 Apr 25th a 04:18 PM
by No Name Man
No Name Man
I'd bet Paul could bribe someone to share their cabin...
BTW Rich...thanks for the thumb drive. Works fine
1 member likes this
#847141 Apr 25th a 10:48 PM
by Richrd
Richrd
There are two motels in mountain. Ones not bad and one is
1 member likes this
#847288 Apr 27th a 02:32 PM
by Tom Sanders
Tom Sanders
Tom Sanders plans to attend. I'll either sleep in my trailer or throw my sleeping bag on one of the bunks and share the cost.
1 member likes this
#847465 Apr 29th a 12:06 PM
by David in Atlanta
David in Atlanta
Hope to be there Thursday morning.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!
1 member likes this
#847552 Apr 30th a 08:54 AM
by Ob1quixote
Ob1quixote
Don't forget your alarm clock!
1 member likes this
#847641 May 1st a 05:12 AM
by DavidP
DavidP
Originally Posted by Ob1quixote
Don't forget your alarm clock!
Originally Posted by Ob1quixote
yabbut he woke up late last year!
Yeah, somebody said to meet at 09:00, so there I am starting the bike at 09:01. I didn't know you meant kickstands up at 08:59!
Maybe if I'd been there before and knew the route? Even better if we hadn't been up drinking until midnight.

Understand that I spent most of my professional life working shows or graveyard shift. 07:00 was happy hour not time to get up. laugh
1 member likes this
#847626 May 1st a 02:35 AM
by Lannis
Lannis
Originally Posted by bill50cal
check out the americourt in mountain city. you don't want to stay at the mountain empire roach motel.

Book 'em, Dano!

Price is right ....

We could have afternoon or evening gatherings either at Windy's or at the Americourt, depending on weather or where we end up or whatever ...

Lannis
1 member likes this
#847617 May 1st a 01:11 AM
by bill50cal
bill50cal
check out the americourt in mountain city. you don't want to stay at the mountain empire roach motel.
1 member likes this
#847610 May 1st a 12:28 AM
by Jack Adams
Jack Adams
Wanting to attend but camping isn’t what we had in mind. Has anyone found a hotel/motel that will work yet? I can’t be the only one is looking for guidance in this matter.Scattering all the non-campers to different locations would rob this ride of a good bit of its charm. Big Lynn’s was suggested but it looks to be quite a ways from Blowing Rock and Windy’s., AND THE SURVEY SAYS???
1 member likes this
#847656 May 1st a 11:05 AM
by Mike Baker
Mike Baker
"Early is on time. On time is late."
Quote, Sonny Barger

Not sure this year. Finishing up new casa, final inspections and all that goes with that nonsense. Bad timing on my part.
1 member likes this
#847774 May 2nd a 01:21 PM
by Gordon Gray
Gordon Gray
Wonderful memories at Windy's Campground

Gordon
Attached Images
1 member likes this
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com