Britbike forum

Classic British Spares Klempf British PartsBaxter Cycle BritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM Engineering Lucas Classic Motorcycle Industrial tec supply Hepolite Pistons The Bonneville ShopLowbrow Customs

Upgrade your membership: Premium Membership
New Sponsor post
2022 Classic Triumph Motorcycle Calendars
by C.B.S - 09/28/21 6:22 pm
New FAQ post
How To: Add attached images in between text
by Morgan aka admin - 10/03/21 9:46 am
Manuals on DVD - Buy 4 for 3
All 4 DVD Manual
Member Spotlight
No Name Man
No Name Man
SE Ohio
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
Rohan 82
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
koan58 20
Newest Members
Pratty, AndyW, ChrisTriumph3, GLENN'S PLACE, Smartfella
11,876 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
4 members (Tom A65LR, Hugh Jörgen, marinatlas, wildbill), 35 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Thread Like Summary
Chip H, MikeG, ricochetrider
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#846831 04/22/2021 7:13 PM
by MikeG
MikeG
Just wondering if anybody out there has much experience with the new Enfield Interceptor? The more I ride my 2017 T100 the less I like it.
Liked Replies
#847201 Apr 26th a 03:33 PM
by Kent Shaun
Kent Shaun
MikeG, had my Interceptor a year now and LOVE it, only just done about 2900 miles on it, all due to the plague and not being allowed out. BUT that's going to change this year.... beerchug

I bought the machine to use as a 'Touring' bike, it's nice and nimble and does silly MPG, I was out on it this weekend and clocked over 80mpg. Although I don't ride it at silly speeds, and remember that's our proper English gallons, so if you can convert this.... 127 miles 7.30ltrs....That's what I did... wink

Only down side is the bloody seat, they seem to have a reputation, SOME have said to wear them in. But after the first 1000 miles I just had to get it sorted, it was like sitting on a brick, found a place that could reupholster the original base, and now I'm happy. I also feel that there are to many gears in the gearbox, seems you're forever changing gears. That could just be me though... whistle

Other than them points, I can't moan about anything else on the bike, in fact this very Friday I'll be loading it up and going camping. That yarn will be on a screen near y'all soon, go take a test ride you'll be surprised how good these bikes are. A brand new bike for second hand money, what's not to like... thumbsup
2 members like this
#848793 May 12th a 06:36 PM
by Hugh Jörgen
Hugh Jörgen
The Last of the V8 Interceptors.
Attached Images
2 members like this
#847463 Apr 29th a 11:31 AM
by Dwight V
Dwight V
I've ridden the new RE. It is much more motorcycle-like than the more pasteurized modern WC Triumphs. You can feel the engine pulses, as one should. The stock cans are too large IMO but they produce a nice sound. Though my ride was short I came away liking it quite a bit.

One of my 'reliable' bikes is an 865 Bonneville. Beautiful to look at, decent to ride but too heavy IMO and certainly not nimble. I think the RE INTerceptor is a bit more fun to ride. I just can't bring myself to part with the Bonnie for what would be a mostly lateral move to the INTerceptor.

Triumph lost me with the WC twins. I can't disagree they are 'better' in most ways than the AC model I have but they've also lost a lot of their character. And the price...!
1 member likes this
#847541 Apr 30th a 04:57 AM
by DavidP
DavidP
I'll try to stay sober until I can test ride one at Barber this year.
1 member likes this
#848712 May 12th a 03:10 AM
by reverb
reverb
Hello Chip H; as mentioned, de GT is one thing the interceptor is other...
1 member likes this
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com