Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM EngineeringLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Welcome to BritBike Forum!
Britbike forum logo
Member Spotlight
Semper Gumby
Semper Gumby
Atlanta, GA USA
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Thread Like Summary
GrandPaul, Jon W. Whitley, Rusty Goose
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#846621 04/20/2021 8:43 PM
by Ragmanx
Ragmanx
1968 BSA Lightning.

Very nice classic bike that starts and runs well.

Rebuilt engine from the crank up, new Lucas high output stator, Podtronics regulator with capacitor, Vape electronic ignition, two Amal premier carbs, Smiths Speedo & Tach, goatskin saddle bags, good tires, Made in England silencers(mufflers)

SRM high volume oil pump and SRM oil pressure release valve. Exterior spin-on oil filter.

Service records back to 1993
At 75 years, I'm too old for two wheels.

With the help of the members on this site and a really good British bike mechanic we have brought this Lightning to really great shape.

Please feel free to call or email me with any questions you may have.

SteveG

Glide, Oregon

(541) 496-3136
Attached Images
Liked Replies
#847071 Apr 25th a 05:19 AM
by Ragmanx
Ragmanx
Thank you.

Sold it on Craigslist
Also listed on Fleabay which was a gigantic hassle. Not going to do that again, plus they were going to charge $95 if it sold there.
Lessen learned.

Drove up to WA today and picked up the Ural. Nice bike
Many people driving alone and wearing a mask. Tried to eat at a restaurant but refused entry because I didn't have a mask.
People seated not 10 feet away with out masks. Told them to stick it and left.
Stupid, brain dead lemmings in my humble opinion.

Take care,
Steve
1 member likes this
#846733 Apr 21st a 07:42 PM
by Lannis
Lannis
Originally Posted by Ragmanx
Yup, quick it was.
Makes me have sellers remorse. Sold it for 5K. Easy peasey.
I will miss it, but not enough not to let it go.

I think it's great to see nice bikes not only advertised here, but changing hands at reasonable prices.

Such a nice change from the eBay wet-dream fantasizers, or the Bring A Trailer bizzaro-world of bikes asking 3 times what people ask for in the real world ...

Lannis
1 member likes this
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com