Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsSRM EngineeringGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership: Premium Membership Gold Membership

New Sponsor post
Cyber Monday Sale - 10% off at The Bonneville Shop
by The Bonneville Shop - 11/29/21 5:34 pm
New FAQ post
How to find my own threads?
by reverb - 11/20/21 3:55 pm
Manuals on DVD - Buy 4 for 3
All 4 DVD Manual
Member Spotlight
MikeJ
MikeJ
San Mateo, CA USA
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
NickL 79
Rohan 73
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Newest Members
old ion limey, muzz750, Motorcycles and Art, SteveDee, Gus_Carrero
11,924 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
10 members (Magnetoman, triton thrasher, konon, M.Gunderson, Stuart Kirk, Steve Highfield, Tridentman, AngloBike, Edalfa, chaterlea25), 38 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Thread Like Summary
BeezaBryan, BrizzoBrit, Gordon Gray, Jon W. Whitley, ricochetrider, royaloilfield
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#846559 04/19/2021 11:58 PM
by Tridentman
Tridentman
Yesterday was my first ride since November of last year.
The last month has been difficult due to weather, family commitments etc.
But early yesterday morning I drove down the NJ turnpike from my home in northern NJ to my friends in central NJ--he very kindly stores one of my TR5Ts there.
Five of us then set off heading due west into central western NJ.
NJ has a reputation for grimy industrial settings--and there is some truth in that.
However it is not called the Garden State for nothing.
It was cool but the sun was shining and well insulated we did not feel cold.
We didnt take any major roads (which tend to go north/south) and rode through some beautiful countryside.
The leaves on the trees are that very light green color indicative of spring.
The blossom was in full bloom on many trees and at the roadside there were many daffodils giving a welcome splash of color.
After about 30 miles we arrived at our breakfast diner--out in the middle of nowhere and frequented on Sundays mainly by bikers.
We ate breakfast at a table outside under a tree with the sun shining all around us.
While eating breakfast we pulled each others legs and generally sorted out the problems of the country and of the world.
All too quickly it was time to set off back for another great ride in the sunshine.
My first ride of the season--but hopefully not the last and let us all hope that this season is much better than last with shows and meets to attend rather than them all being cancelled.
Liked Replies
#846657 Apr 21st a 05:19 AM
by DavidP
DavidP
I once did sound for a poetry festival near Hacketstown. I took a wrong turn the first morning driving from the motel to the venue in my old CRX. I can assure doubters that there are plenty of nice roads in western New Jersey. laugh
1 member likes this
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com