Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsSRM EngineeringGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership: Premium Membership Gold Membership

New Sponsor post
Cyber Monday Sale - 10% off at The Bonneville Shop
by The Bonneville Shop - 11/29/21 5:34 pm
New FAQ post
How to find my own threads?
by reverb - 11/20/21 3:55 pm
Manuals on DVD - Buy 4 for 3
All 4 DVD Manual
Member Spotlight
Gordon Gray
Gordon Gray
North Carolina
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
Rohan 84
NickL 71
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
kevin 23
Newest Members
bradders, tizianouk, Breeze, FORTYTWO, TomV
11,929 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
4 members (blueboat, Bustednukel, DJinCA, BUSSHO), 15 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Thread Like Summary
Allan G, NickL
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#845512 04/09/2021 3:04 AM
by Ragmanx
Ragmanx
I am timing my Wassel Vape ET.

Do the timing marks on the lucas rotor in my '68 A65 indicate top dead center or approx. 34 degrees before TDC?

Thank you,
SteveG
Liked Replies
#845525 Apr 9th a 05:49 AM
by Mark Z
Mark Z
The timing marks on the rotor line up at full advance, or should... To verify, line up the timing slot in the flywheel with the hole on the front of the crankcase, which is also at full advance. If the timing mark on the rotor does not line up with the needle with the crank in this position, make another timing mark that does line up.

Some folks claim that the only truly accurate means of verifying the timing marks is with a top-dead-center gauge and a degree wheel. For my part, I see no reason to believe that the timing slot in the flywheel would not be accurate, assuming the bike has a proper A65 crank.
1 member likes this
#845622 Apr 10th a 05:18 AM
by DavidP
DavidP
Originally Posted by NickL
How's your trident oil pressure David? Nice easy cheap fix on those crates eh? laughing
No doubt it will improve after Sunday when I sell the A65. Probably stop wet sumping too. laugh
1 member likes this
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com