Britbike forum

Classic British Spares Klempf British PartsBaxter Cycle BritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM Engineering Lucas Classic Motorcycle Industrial tec supply Hepolite Pistons The Bonneville ShopLowbrow Customs

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
GrandPaul
GrandPaul
Leander (Central) Texas, USA
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
Rohan 87
quinten 75
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Newest Members
Daytona72, Kurtis Flying Tiger, Edalfa, SDiff, Chopperbabe
11,846 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
7 members (chaterlea25, bill50cal, Adam M., Jon W. Whitley, BrizzoBrit, robcurrie, Lew101), 25 guests, and 78 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Thread Like Summary
GrandPaul, ricochetrider
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by Rene Donner
Rene Donner
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Liked Replies
by Rene Donner
Rene Donner
Story to the bike an why i bought it is that I needet a new one for my daily ride because my old Yamaha XT250 was a liddle underpowered and worn out for my heavy bones. Because Dieter has a lot of good experience with his XT500 and I had a SR500 for more than four years in the past as one of my first real motorcycles the choice was easy.

The bike was found on ebay just around the corner in Hamburg with onley two pre owners and 36000km on the clock, but it was not used for more then 20 years.

The result of this long sad sitting and rusting in the garage was found in the carburator as you can see. It doesent want to start and iddle, but with papers, german MOT and new tires on it I could not resist anyways.

I give the bike to Dieter for a "liddle" refurbishment because to many projects and a bathroom to fix that needs most of my spare time, but hey what else are friends for wink

Dieter finished a perfect running bike that starts almost every time on first kick in just one week and after the first 200km are ridden last weekend I can say it feels like a new one!

greasy greetings
René
1 member likes this
by KarlB
KarlB
Indeed I was.
Of course the bike I've kept all this time, apart from MZs, is my trusty Beemer. Where other bikes have come and gone it's just been getting steadily improved via small updates etc, a second front disc and a Surefoot stand most recently. I've got a new clutch waiting to go in but the original keeps on going. Might do that this Summer along with new valves etc, well it has done nearly 90000 miles now, though tbh I've never thrashed it much, well not much above 70mph. laughing
1 member likes this
by Adam M.
Adam M.
Compaing A65 to XS 650 would be fairer, A50 looks the same but is just a shadow of 650 bike.
Anyway I also keep a BMW together with my old English bikes, quite underappreciated K75S - the bike always ready to ride with minimal maintenance:

1 member likes this
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com