Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply Classic Bike Parts Cheshire

Upgrade Your membership! Premium Membership Gold Membership Vendor Membership

New Sponsor post
July 4th Sale at The Bonneville Shop
by The Bonneville Shop - 07/01/22 6:26 pm
New FAQ post
Member Spotlight
Les P
Les P
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
quinten 65
kevin 60
DavidP 58
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Lannis 23
MikeG 20
Newest Members
MartyH, Steve Sewell UK, BrokenLeg, Jeff Keller, Steveland
12,212 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
5 members (Doug P, The Momes of Wrath, htown70, steelheadchaser, kevin), 11 guests, and 21 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums35
Topics76,552
Posts776,412
Members12,212
Most Online204
Jul 10th, 2022
Thread Like Summary
BeezaBryan, Gordon Gray, GrandPaul, Hugh Jörgen
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by GrandPaul
GrandPaul
Here's the deal:

1. The ride takes place on the 100th day of the year (April 10th this year, a Saturday; Saturdays make it easier for most folks)

2. Age of rider plus bike must equal or exceed 100.

3. You must do the ton (100MPH) at least once during the ride (for those not so inclined, you can do 100KPH)

4. You must ride at least 100 miles.

All fairly easy if you own a classic bike. Plenty of time to prep the bike if it needs work or has been sitting (it happens).

There was a lot of discussion about variations to achieve the 100, such as 50 miles on the way to work then 50 miles on the way back home, or taking a pillion so that your ages would add up to 100, average a minimum of 100KPH for the entire ride, ride in 100 degree heat, whatever you can figure out to have as many 100s in your ride as possible; get creative. 100 miles in 100 minutes - too easy.

Whatever, it's flexible.

There are a bunch of folks on various forums that have done the ride in the last few years since I first started it, and reported back with pix; that's part of the idea. I really thought it might catch on more, but there are a few that have done it 4 or 5 times now. I've only done it twice myself!
Liked Replies
by Gordon Gray
Gordon Gray
Originally Posted by GrandPaul
3. You must do the ton (100MPH) at least once during the ride (for those not so inclined, you can do 100KPH)

!

Really?

Gordon in NC, USA
3 members like this
by BeezaBryan
BeezaBryan
Originally Posted by bodine031
You & Beeza can do it, once your over the hill you just pick up speed!!!!!!!!!!

Getting close to the bottom of the hill I have no great desire for more speed laughing
2 members like this
by DavidP
DavidP
Originally Posted by bodine031
Yeah, I even got a '66 VW Beetle up to 93mph, it was a BIG hill. laughing
2 members like this
by Hugh Jörgen
Hugh Jörgen
Maybe change the >100 MPH to <100 PSA.
1 member likes this
by Gordon Gray
Gordon Gray
GP......just my opinion and it’s worth exactly what you paid for it but.....

Around my neck of the woods unless you’re on a close course......there is no place you can do 100mph legally.

When I used to host the TSMR I had to deal with that kind of stress every year. No matter what you have someone sign if a good lawyer can prove negligence.....you’re liable. That’s the reason I “shuttled” people to dinner and none of our gas stops sold alcohol.

Good chance a rider isn’t the one that will cause you grief. But maybe the widow who hated motorcycles in the first place......places blame on you for putting her husband in that position.

Yea, maybe I’m over thinking it but it’s my opinion it’s not a good idea for the site to promote breaking the law.

Gordon in NC
1 member likes this
by Gordon Gray
Gordon Gray
Originally Posted by Hugh Jörgen

Okay I’m embarrassed.......PSA? Isn’t that a medical term?

I don’t ride “real” motorcycles.......several of them are true Brits but they were never supposed to do 100 mph so they are out. Nice M20 with a chair might as well not even think about it. Nobody rides a Bantam or a B31.

In the past ( if my memory serves me...which it doesn’t just as much as it does) your ride was a 100/100/100. I did at least a couple of them. It’s out of my league and comfort zone now.

And I’m sitting here laughing to myself about all the A65 ( not all) owners that “think” their bikes can do the ton. laughing

Peace out, Gordon in NC, USA
1 member likes this
by BeezaBryan
BeezaBryan
Originally Posted by Gordon Gray
Originally Posted by Hugh Jörgen

Okay I’m embarrassed.......PSA? Isn’t that a medical term?

PSA is a prostate cancer test

I don’t ride “real” motorcycles.......several of them are true Brits but they were never supposed to do 100 mph so they are out. Nice M20 with a chair might as well not even think about it. Nobody rides a Bantam or a B31.

In the past ( if my memory serves me...which it doesn’t just as much as it does) your ride was a 100/100/100. I did at least a couple of them. It’s out of my league and comfort zone now.

You memory is faultless Gordon

https://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/484545/1
Makes interesting reading.

And I’m sitting here laughing to myself about all the A65 ( not all) owners that “think” their bikes can do the ton. laughing

Peace out, Gordon in NC, USA

What enthusiasm I have for another 100 100 100 this year is not great.

Pax vobiscum
1 member likes this
by DavidP
DavidP
I've had good 100, 100, 100 rides the last two years. As my Bonnie has no speedometer, you'd just have to trust me about doing the ton. I'm not even sure that will do it since I changed to an 18 tooth gearbox sprocket. 100 KPH is cruising speed, though.
However, the ton would be a given if I rode the Trident this year. laugh
1 member likes this
by bodine031
bodine031
1 member likes this
by DavidP
DavidP
Three weeks late, but I got it done today.
I rode Wotan over to Kingston to visit a friend. Rode the back roads to US 70 through Crab Orchard, Ozone and Rockwood to Kingston.
Had a great visit with an old friend and headed back.
I went south on TN 58, veering off on 304 down to TN 68. Rode over Watts Bar dam to Spring City and back to Crossville. 113 miles of beautiful roads.
Looked like a good day to be on the river too.

The only catch was close to home, cruising down 127 when the bike just shut down. The main fuse had broken. Didn't look blown, and a replacement got me back on the road. laugh
Attached Images
1 member likes this
British Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsBSA Unit SinglesPodtronicVintage MagazineBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2022 britbike.com