Britbike forum

Classic British Spares Klempf British PartsBaxter Cycle BritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM Engineering Lucas Classic Motorcycle Industrial tec supply Hepolite Pistons The Bonneville ShopLowbrow Customs

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
Tridentman
Tridentman
New Jersey USA
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
Rohan 86
quinten 75
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Newest Members
Daytona72, Kurtis Flying Tiger, Edalfa, SDiff, Chopperbabe
11,846 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
6 members (linker48x, Magnetoman, Al Eckstadt, Lew101, L.A.B., Richrd), 34 guests, and 69 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Thread Like Summary
erich, Gordon Gray, MikeG
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by henryanthony
henryanthony
Been on this forum for over 10 years and have never, sadly, seen this forum so active. So I am writing this in appreciation of those who have passed on and shared a passion that I hold dear. Cheers y’all!
Liked Replies
by wildbill
wildbill
My oldest Triumph was dispatched in May 1965. I was a high school senior then. It is no surprise that most of us are standing somewhere in the checkout line. Life still goes on and it is worth living to its fullest and that includes the motorcycles I dreamed about as a kid.
2 members like this
by erich
erich
I recently lost a good friend who was a wealth of knowledge on bikes and other shared interests. He wasn't online, and had retired from riding some time ago. I helped his family sell his short stroke production racer and Interstate combat. He shared a lot of good memories of his time on those bikes with me. It was sad to watch them go, and I hope they find a good home that will enjoy them as much as he did.
1 member likes this
by Lannis
Lannis
It's only going to get worse. All the people that we know and grew up with in the motorcycle world are our age and older. Nobody is going to get out of this alive - if you live long enough, EVERYONE that you know is going to be on this forum ...

A part of life, sad though it makes us. A good thing we can post here for folks that can no longer post in this world...

Lannis
1 member likes this
by BSA_WM20
BSA_WM20
Only 2 options
You get older or you don't
The last BSA left the line in 1973 . that was 57 years ago
So if you were leagally allowed to ride in 1973 where I come from 16.75 + 57 = 73.75
Now some of us are bit younger cause we got into BSA's a bit latter but we are all in the drop off zone.
What is important is we do not let 57 years of wisedom & experience vanish without recording it some how for posterity.
And that this precious knwledge gets passed down the future generations, should the planet actually survive, which is highly doubtful the way we are heading .
1 member likes this
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com