Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM EngineeringLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Welcome to BritBike Forum!
Britbike forum logo
Member Spotlight
Spitfire Ken
Spitfire Ken
Illinois
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Thread Like Summary
Allan G, Gary E
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by Spitfire Ken
Spitfire Ken
I HAVE BEEN HEARING FROM PEOPLE FOR YEARS WHO HAVE PURCHASED NEW GATORS/BOOTS FOR THEIR FRONT FORKS THAT HAVE FAILED. I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY USE THEIR BIKES AND HAVE PURCHASED GATORS THAT ACTUALLY HELD UP TO REAL WORLD ABUSE. IF SO WHERE/WHO DID TO YOU PURCHASE THEM FROM?
Liked Replies
by C.B.S
C.B.S
We will be having more of the 97-3635 fork boots late this month to early this month

Made in the USA, we put a 10-year warranty on them

Also, the early BSA boot 42-5320 will be arriving, also made in the USA with a 10-year warranty

I keep close contact with the first 97-3635 fork boot pair we sold to a customer about 6 years ago...

No issues and looks as good as the day he installed them

(FYI, we do sell the 97-1645 also with a 10-year warranty)
2 members like this
by Spitfire Ken
Spitfire Ken
AS I SUSPECTED THEY ARE USING A POOR GRADE OF MATERIAL EITHER OUT OF IGNORANCE OR JUST TRYING TO SAVE A FEW PENNIES.
1 member likes this
by Gary E
Gary E
And it isn't just the fork gaitors. John Bull tie straps and foot peg rubbers with the square holes both do not last very long.
1 member likes this
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com