Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply Classic Bike Parts Cheshire

Upgrade Your membership! Premium Membership Gold Membership Vendor Membership

New Sponsor post
New FAQ post
Manuals on DVD - Buy 4 for 3
All 4 DVD Manual
Member Spotlight
maylar
maylar
Connecticut
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
quinten 68
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
NickL 30
quinten 28
Newest Members
FERRARTIS GROUP LD, Okp, Stevie B, EmmBeeDee, dresda
12,125 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
7 members (konon, Stein Roger, Neil1964, BeezaBryan, Hillbilly bike, Dave Comeau, JDH), 23 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums35
Topics76,065
Posts769,652
Members12,125
Most Online151
May 8th, 2022
Thread Like Summary
BeezaBryan, GrandPaul, NickL, ricochetrider, Shane in Oz
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#842069 03/06/2021 11:39 AM
by Kent Shaun
Kent Shaun
Well lads, I'm soon to be injected, which means we're ALL going to be free to roam once again very soon.... grin

So as we've not be out and about, all y'all might be considering a trip overseas, and whilst mooching around on the buttons, I found this. And even though it's old it STILL is very relevant especially the first 10 minutes, why I wager I could take you to such a place this very minute.... beerchug

Liked Replies
#842135 Mar 7th a 12:54 AM
by Tridentman
Tridentman
I was born in 1945 in UK.
For the first nine years of my life everything was rationed-----food, candy, gas, furniture, clothing etc.
At the age of 4 or 5 I looked at bananas in picture books.
At the age of seven I could spell "bananas".
I did not see a banana until I was nine years old.
We did not have a fridge until I was 14 years old.
Looking back we did not have much.
However there was no real feeling of deprivation as everyone was in the same situation.
At the age of five I started school. The school was about three miles from where we lived.
No buses or other transport---I cycled to school on a tricycle.
Then as my parents could not afford school lunches for me I triked back home for lunch and then back to school in the afternoon!
But--very happy childhood memories.
I remember in the summer school holidays at 8 a.m. my mother would give me a cheese sandwich---two slices of bread with a slice of cheese in it---and a bottle full of cold tea from the previous day. She would say "Be back at 5".
So my friends and I would spend all day on our own in the countryside-- "scrumping "apples from orchards and eating wild blackberries growing on the side of the road.
To tell the truth I quite pity todays kids---all the restrictions and laws etc.
Sorry to bore you!
3 members like this
#842153 Mar 7th a 08:11 AM
by Dibnah
Dibnah
In ye olden days, bitter was frequently rank, the rankness could be reduced by mixing with mild. Additionally, when the mild was flat, it could be livened up with bitter.

Make no mistake, British pubs have a long history of serving poor beer. There are a couple of pubs I previously visited for the ambience and location but have given up trying their proper beer.

Tap rooms are a good place to try beer as it should be.
1 member likes this
#842075 Mar 6th a 02:09 PM
by Kev.
Kev.
Bitter and Mild, bitter and bloody mild!

It is Mild and bitter! bloody heathens laughing laughing
1 member likes this
#842612 Mar 12th a 06:13 AM
by tridentt150v
tridentt150v
I prefer Coopers Pale Ale myself.
And Fosters was really only ever 'popular' overseas.......limited sales here in Oz.
1 member likes this
British Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsBSA Unit SinglesPodtronicVintage MagazineBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2022 britbike.com