Britbike forum

Classic British Spares Klempf British PartsBaxter Cycle BritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM Engineering Lucas Classic Motorcycle Industrial tec supply Hepolite Pistons The Bonneville ShopLowbrow Customs

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
Myles Raymond
Myles Raymond
Glasgow, Scotland
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
quinten 88
Rohan 70
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
quinten 12
Newest Members
Teager, vanGinneke, Gearhard, yornocT120R, robert wilby
11,840 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
8 members (C.B.S, Hillbilly bike, Pete Suchawreck, quinten, DJinCA, L.A.B., NYBSAGUY, Rich B), 41 guests, and 69 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Thread Like Summary
Allan G, gavin eisler
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by S-NJ-W
S-NJ-W
The front most rocker box cover thread that holds the stud into the head of my '72 A65 is stripped.
However the head is NOT the original head. It's pre OIF modifications, maybe 1966.

The thread I mean is the one that holds part number 65-0876.
Looks like it was originally tapped 1/4" British Standard Cycle - 26 TPI.

Any advice on how to deal with it? I am guessing that BSC helicoils might be hard to find.
Has anyone re-threaded the rocker box stud drillings in the cylinder head ?

Thanks for the help.

Steve.
Liked Replies
by Allan G
Allan G
I wouldn’t go any bigger than 1/4, you have a small area on the rocker box that you have to try and seal.
1 member likes this
by Tridentman
Tridentman
If you can't get hold of 1/4" BSCy then 1/4" BSF is virtually identical (same tpi).
HTH
1 member likes this
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com