Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM EngineeringLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Welcome to BritBike Forum!
Britbike forum logo
Member Spotlight
Ian C
Ian C
South Yorkshire, UK
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Thread Like Summary
68triton
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#839267 02/06/2021 11:47 PM
by 68triton
68triton
Hi, I have a STD gearbox which I have fitted a reverse cam plate, how do I line up the indexing rocker to make this work correctly?
I have converted several RRT2 boxes to 5 speed and have built several other gearboxes, no problem, but I am missing something here?

On a STD box with standard cam plate it is just a simple case of lining up the the dots / dimples on the indexing rocker and case with the cam plate in neutral as the ‘sandwich’ plate goes on.

The nearest reference I could find was in an Haynes manual which stated it was “Trial and error” ! Really!!

Thanks in advance.

Mike.

1959 and 1960’s Goldies UK and West Coast.
+ many others.
Liked Replies
by Magnetoman
Magnetoman
I have a reverse cam plate on the shelf that I intend to install someday, but I haven't done it yet so I haven't tested the information in the following two sources. Dave_NV described his procedure here, and another approach is described in the April 2011 issue of Classic Bike Guide. There it says to use a dot of paint on the selector in the position that is mirrored on the other side of the center line.
1 member likes this
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com