Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM EngineeringLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Welcome to BritBike Forum!
Britbike forum logo
Member Spotlight
Geoff Patrick
Geoff Patrick
Southern California
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Thread Like Summary
Allan G, C.B.S
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by Steven Schipp
Steven Schipp
I am in process of rebuilding a 72 BSA A65 Thunderbolt.
The Bushings i received for the small end of the connecting rods are 0.0145" larger than the connecting rod bore. That's a lot of interference!

I'm assuming that is not going to work.

Am i missing something?
Liked Replies
by C.B.S
C.B.S
Thanks for clearing that up!
1 member likes this
by Allan G
Allan G
Originally Posted by C.B.S
I thought the late A65 models did not use small end bushings?

AIUI the steel end cap rods didn’t... but bsa used what they had available so the few still did. The 70 on heavy duty ones did but these still had alloy caps.
1 member likes this
by Ignoramus
Ignoramus
i sure wouldnt go resizing rods to suit the wrong bushes if that is what you meant .........best option send them back and get the right ones ..or if you feel inclined machine down the OD od the bushes
1 member likes this
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com