Britbike forum

Classic British Spares Klempf British PartsBaxter Cycle BritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM Engineering Lucas Classic Motorcycle Industrial tec supply Hepolite Pistons The Bonneville ShopLowbrow Customs

Upgrade your membership: Premium Membership
New Sponsor post
Closeout Sale - BSA Apparel & Merchandise
by C.B.S - 10/23/21 4:05 pm
New FAQ post
How To: Add attached images in between text
by Morgan aka admin - 10/03/21 9:46 am
Manuals on DVD - Buy 4 for 3
All 4 DVD Manual
Member Spotlight
No Name Man
No Name Man
SE Ohio
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
Rohan 82
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
koan58 21
NickL 18
Newest Members
Robert N., Treefella21, bobincov, Graeme1938, RolandM
11,882 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
9 members (DJinCA, KevRasen, TR6Ray, L.A.B., Hugh Jörgen, Shane in Oz, vintagebike, Magnetoman, desco), 50 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Thread Like Summary
BobV07662, Nick H
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by Hermit
Hermit
Greetings!

A project has been launched to create a searchable online database of errors in Triumph parts books, service bulletins, and WS Manuals.

For more information and to view the the most current database, point your browser at:

http://www.hermit.cc/tmc/parts/errors/index.htm

After reading the introduction there, please consider taking a little time to contribute to the project. Submissions should include as much specific information as possible and you may submit them in a reply to this thread.

Also needed are persons with expertise in specific models and/or areas of mechanics to peer review entries.

Comments and suggestions welcome.

To Err is Human, To Correct is Divine!

Cheers!
Liked Replies
by Irish Swede
Irish Swede
So...Gaylin made his money on Triumph's history with his books, then SOLD the data sheets for even MORE money, for the loss of FUTURE Triumph historians?
1 member likes this
by John Healy
John Healy
"I have learned that the simple placement of a washer can ruin freindships."
John Healy
Hysterical!

There are two washers on a 1963-70 650 twin that gets UK, and some US, "experts" in-a-twist. Now I have found when it comes to some real type-A UK Triumph "experts" when told by an American (what the Hxll do we know about Triumph's, now really) that his washers are wrong, they loose it. You know the reaction where the veins start bulging out of their necks. Been there, done that!

I've started looking around for the addendums that Mr. Healy mentioned. So far I've found just two and neither seems to relate to any parts books that I've been able to find for the years they cover.

http://www.tioc.org/partsbookstriumph/tsb-tri-1964-catalog-update-sheetsNo2.pdf

The above update sheet refers to Triumph 650 1964 #2 in the series:

http://www.tioc.org/partsbookstriumph/pb-tri-650-1964-no2%2099-0821.pdf

So if you found the mother load there would be in the range of 50 of them for the Triumph models. But the job doesn't start there. You still have to gather the ones for the US West Coast, General Export and Domestic.

You also have to consider all of the individual bulletins published over the years to correct the corrections and updated part numbers, part numbers with several iteration of the parts, etc. I still think paper is the way to go with this. There would be no problem with copyrights updating the addendum sheets. That way if someone was restoring a 1964 650 he would have all the information in one place.

David Gaylin used to sell parts books that included the addendum sheets for the East Coast models. I think he called himself Motorcycle Days.

He was able to get a huge collection of paper from the dumpster when Baltimore closed. Several years back he sold the collection off piece by piece on e-bay and private sales. I don't know where all of the paper went. I wanted to buy it to add to my collection but he wanted too much money so I passed.
1 member likes this
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com