Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsSRM EngineeringGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership: Premium Membership Gold Membership

New Sponsor post
Cyber Monday Sale - 10% off at The Bonneville Shop
by The Bonneville Shop - 11/29/21 5:34 pm
New FAQ post
How to find my own threads?
by reverb - 11/20/21 3:55 pm
Manuals on DVD - Buy 4 for 3
All 4 DVD Manual
Member Spotlight
The Bonneville Shop
The Bonneville Shop
Broomfield, Colorado, USA
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
NickL 79
Rohan 73
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Newest Members
old ion limey, muzz750, Motorcycles and Art, SteveDee, Gus_Carrero
11,924 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
2 members (76degree-triumph, quinten), 17 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Thread Like Summary
Allan G, Hermit
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by reverb
reverb
Hello; this is something that I have always had been having; no matter pre unit or unit. I use DID final chains. Is that the chains last not so many kilometers? I do not think that would be a problem of the pinions due to in several cases I used new ones and new chain and this problem started somewhat soon.
With 530 and 520 chains.

Are your situation similar?

Thanks
Liked Replies
by L.A.B.
L.A.B.
Originally Posted by reverb
Hi Big bars; I mentioned side stand not center stand and 1/2 is what is recommended with the bike in the side stand.

Where are you getting that 1/2" information from?

T140 manuals and riders handbooks say 3/4" free movement with the machine "on its wheels" and the chain at its tightest point, or, 1 3/4" with the machine "on the stand" and the chain at its slackest point.
1 member likes this
by gavin eisler
gavin eisler
I use two DID chains and get good wear out them, lubrication is critical, the old chain gets 6 cleans in paraffin/ kerosene, then boiled in chain lube,
the spray on stuff turns into grinding paste.
1 member likes this
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com