Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM EngineeringLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Welcome to BritBike Forum!
Britbike forum logo
Member Spotlight
Howie
Howie
England
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Thread Like Summary
Allan G, Jon W. Whitley, Morgan aka Admin
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#835468 01/04/2021 3:46 PM
by JD
JD
I've been doing a bit of a refresher on my 1970 A65L. The last thing I needed to do was paint my side panels and gas tank. They've been at a painters for the past couple of months and I wanted to get them before I leave the country for work on Wednesday. I picked up the side panels today, but he wasn't able to begin painting the gas tank. He showed me several areas where the chrome is peeling back. In addition to the brazing I did over a decade ago, there are a couple of relatively small dings in the painted area that need to be smoothed out. I'd rather not buy an Indian made tank. I've had issued with different Indian ebay vendors in the past so I would rather get this one repaired and rechromed. Does anyone have a recommendation on who to send the tank to in order to take out the dents, seal up the tank, and get it rechromed?
Liked Replies
#835721 Jan 6th a 01:45 PM
by Hugh Jörgen
Hugh Jörgen
Just my opinion, but you may have a better chance of getting your identity questions answered by asking privately.
A vendor is asking for trouble by publicly dissing another.
2 members like this
#835739 Jan 6th a 04:51 PM
by C.B.S
C.B.S
In regards to the questions, I will not be posting the company's name or information

Not my place to announce that nor put that person / company on the spot, I will not use my platform for such

However, I will give you the info of the company that I do use which I think will serve greater purpose

The shop I use is located here in Palmdale, California

His name is Leo and the company is called Superior Metal Polish

Leo is doing some polishing for me and chrome plating on a Triumph 3TA build

Leo is the shop that fixed my gas tank in regards to chrome plating

I am always very happy with the results and the chrome quality is best in class

Hope this helps!
2 members like this
#835517 Jan 4th a 08:54 PM
by Irish Swede
Irish Swede
CBS:

Please do all viewers of the site a favor:

Please tell the NAME of the shop who did the BAD chrome job so we don't make the mistake of sending them OUR work.
1 member likes this
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com