Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM EngineeringLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Welcome to BritBike Forum!
Britbike forum logo
Member Spotlight
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Thread Like Summary
Allan G, chainreaction, GrandPaul, Jon W. Whitley, kevin
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by Nickjaxe
Nickjaxe
Hi All as well as a 50year old BSA I recently bought a 2020 T100 Bonneville.

Is there a place on this forum for these modernish machines or is it strictly Old Classics Only.

Nick.
Liked Replies
by R Moulding
R Moulding
I had a modern Triumph, a 1050 Sprint ST. I still hanker after another one, that bike felt the way I would have wanted a new 66 Bonnie to feel, and the note from that Triple could send a shiver up your spine. Hinkley should have put the same amount of effort into designing their Bonnie instead of faffing around with lookalike parts and paintwork.

A dedicated forum here? Why not, if you're not interested don't click on it.
3 members like this
by KC in S.B.
KC in S.B.
OK, for what it’s worth, my two cents.
I don’t have one, likely will not have one. I don’t understand why we would Want to add another board that is clearly not vintage? Just to save a couple of clicks Logging in someplace else? There are plenty of forums/boards to join for that mark.
2 members like this
by Nickjaxe
Nickjaxe
Dibnah....seeing that Triumph is wholly 100% British owned and designed....in factory's wholly managed by Brits....does that not count for anything.

I would have loved a 60s Bonnie....but am just not able any more to get involved with re-builds and kick starts anymore....the very suspect parts situation also is a real put off.

So for me with my worn out hip/knee I decided to go for a brand new classic modern Triumph.

I am very proud of my Triumphs British Ancestry....and am so pleased the Name Triumph lives on and is hugely successful all over the world.....perhaps more successful now that it ever was in the past.

The Brand could so easy have been bought up and lost all links to the UK but it hasn't.

There is no other bike that can be bought new that catches my attention....except perhaps RE?

Yes be great if all the models were still build at home....but would they be such a huge success if they were....with free access the the very important Asian market that they have now.
1 member likes this
by Jon W. Whitley
Jon W. Whitley
Just so all are clear with where I stand on this issue.

I like and applaud Hinckley Triumph(s). Maybe one day I might own one and have ridden one in the past.

With that said, this forum was created for and caters to classic British motorcycles manufactured prior to the 1980's with the exception of the Triumphs produced up through 1983 and then the Harris 1985-1988 Triumph Bonnevilles.

I personally wouldn't be against a new and separate board for the Hinckley Triumphs. Maybe Morgan might be okay with that but someone needs to make their case to him...maybe the want to be prospective moderator of such board could ask him ?
1 member likes this
by Tridentman
Tridentman
Reverb--you have to remember that the Hinckley Triumphs first went on sale in 1991 in UK---so the early ones are now 30 years old.
Certainly old enough to have technical problems.
Also a lot (many?/most?) of the guys on Brit bike also have modern Triumphs/Royal Enfields.
As you say not too much mention on Britbike of 1920s Triumphs.
In the years to come maybe not too much mention of 1950s Triumphs and then later of 1960s Triumphs and then------
IMHO Britbike should give itself the ceiling room to accommodate future trends by having a board for post 1985 Triumphs.
And maybe at some time in the future also for the recent Royal Enfields (not forgetting that the recent RE twins were developed in UK).
Just my two cents worth of course.
1 member likes this
by Dibnah
Dibnah
I tell yee, it will be the thin end of the wedge. I'll get the pitchforks ready!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
1 member likes this
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com