Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply Classic Bike Parts Cheshire

Upgrade Your membership! Premium Membership Gold Membership Vendor Membership

New Sponsor post
New FAQ post
Manuals on DVD - Buy 4 for 3
All 4 DVD Manual
Member Spotlight
C.B.S
C.B.S
Lancaster, California
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
quinten 68
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
NickL 29
quinten 28
Newest Members
FERRARTIS GROUP LD, Okp, Stevie B, EmmBeeDee, dresda
12,125 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
4 members (DUHC, peter paul, Okp, Richard Kal), 21 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums35
Topics76,065
Posts769,648
Members12,125
Most Online151
May 8th, 2022
Thread Like Summary
jjdavidson, slofut
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#833700 12/18/2020 4:36 AM
by tridentt150v
tridentt150v
Ok:
Short story....the distance between the screw holes is 3 and 13/16". I am pretty sure that the diecast 'Triumph' badge fits Ok, but do '76 type eyebrow badges? Harmonica badges don't.

Long story.....some time ago I bought a Triumph tank that had major damage on the right hand side, but the left hand side was untouched. I think its a Harris tank, black with red flashes and gold pinstripes with a flip top fuel cap and centre tube and nut, I also think that the paint scheme is original. I cut the tank in half and am making it into a mailbox.

I would ideally like to use eyebrow badges, I will also need a flip top cap, grommet and triumph badge, and the tank will need a repaint once I've finished welding it up.
Liked Replies
#844786 Apr 1st a 03:25 AM
by tridentt150v
tridentt150v
Ok guys...an update. The tank is now finished and is a part of my mailbox:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Tank gas/fuel cap is wrong - it was a cheaper indian one, and not for this type of tank, but I thought it might fit, but its not quite wide enough. So looks like I will have to bite the bullet and buy the proper Italian made one.
Now I just have to stop the souvenir thieves and assorted riff raff.
2 members like this
British Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsBSA Unit SinglesPodtronicVintage MagazineBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2022 britbike.com