Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM EngineeringLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Welcome to BritBike Forum!
Britbike forum logo
Member Spotlight
Denis J
Denis J
Sacramento, CA
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Thread Like Summary
BeezaBryan, Kev.
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by Lannis
Lannis
I'm inspired now. If you can live with Harry, I can post ride pics!

Like everyone else, Fay and I decided to take advantage of the fine weather (enjoyable, not tolerable or survivable) for a ride. Today's ride theme (we always have to have a reason) was "Roads within 30 miles of where I've lived for 40 years that we've never been on". So southwestern Buckingham County, VA it was.

All back roads, there's no other kind here:

[Linked Image from photos.smugmug.com]

The very avatar of "Hubris", showing a swept-wing jet as the symbol for this grass strip. Should be a Jenny or a Gypsy Moth:

Countryside that's beautiful to me because I grew up here and am used to it:

Here is "Curdsville". If by any slim chance you've ever read any of George Bagby's humorous lectures, you'll recognize the hometown of "Mozis Addums":

Off in the distance you can see what's left of Willis Mountain. When I were a lad, it was two or three times this tall, but it's made of Kyanite, which they use for furnace refractory material, and they're mining it away. About another hundred years to go, they say:

This is the rock ledge where "Rock Mill" used to stand, back in olden days.

This is me on the Triumph (the Stelvio has been getting all the riding, it was the Triumph's turn) contemplating past history.

Nice old homestead, still a very active farm:

Always interesting roads to ride, although that heavy Triumph slipped a couple of times on gravel washes and the ABS chattered in a turn once:

An old place called "Tower Hill" from around 1800, don't think anyone lives there now but it's still being kept up:

And home. About 190 miles in 3-1/2 hours. Smoke 'em if you got 'em ....

Lannis
Liked Replies
by Kent Shaun
Kent Shaun
Simply perfick lad.... beerchug
1 member likes this
by Kev.
Kev.
Just look at the responses to these pictures, this is what you get by showing us "your" backyards.
It may be the same old, same old to you, but remember, most all of us don't live there, so get thos camera's out, or use your phone, show us the bridges, general stores, cafes, and markets, and don't forget the old truck rusting in a field that you pass every week.
Get out there, show us around, it is not hard.

Thanks Lannis, you done good
1 member likes this
by wadeschields
wadeschields
Literally my backyard at noon today. Digging a hole for our Christmas tree .. About 4 inches on the ground now and calling for 2 feet by morning.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

And some hot chocolate in my Loreley BSA rally cup to warm up by ..

Lets see what this view looks like by the morning

A far cry from a few weeks ago

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
1 member likes this
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com