Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsSRM EngineeringGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership: Premium Membership Gold Membership

New Sponsor post
Cyber Monday Sale - 10% off at The Bonneville Shop
by The Bonneville Shop - 11/29/21 5:34 pm
New FAQ post
How to find my own threads?
by reverb - 11/20/21 3:55 pm
Manuals on DVD - Buy 4 for 3
All 4 DVD Manual
Member Spotlight
MikeJ
MikeJ
San Mateo, CA USA
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
NickL 79
Rohan 73
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Newest Members
old ion limey, muzz750, Motorcycles and Art, SteveDee, Gus_Carrero
11,924 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
11 members (John Harvey, Spitfire Ken, Magnetoman, triton thrasher, konon, M.Gunderson, Stuart Kirk, Steve Highfield, Tridentman, AngloBike, Edalfa), 41 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Thread Like Summary
Allan G, hacksaw
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#831433 11/29/2020 1:28 PM
by Hillbilly bike
Hillbilly bike
Looking for a A65 or A10 siamese exhaust or 2 into 1 aftermarket pipe is any condition so long as the pipes before the junction are not dented..Thanks
Liked Replies
by breeze1954
breeze1954
Don't know what he's building but a good tuned set of 2 n 1 headers can do wonderful for the bottom end pull and mid range. Great fun for the eighth mile dirt, worked well for me on A65 anyway. but retired the pipes few years ago and just kept for memories.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
1 member likes this
by kevin
kevin
the unequal pipe thing may have been to broaden the power band by peaking the cylinders at slightly different rpm

like tuning ignition, exhaust, and intake 500 rpm apart. they don't give you the highest peak but it spreads out more

dunno how vibration would be affected

leo goff told me to use 1 5/8-inch pipes. i have some standard TT pipes to experiment with, 1 3/4-inch and whatever their length should be. i think the length was pretty much stadardized by years of flattrackers.
1 member likes this
by breeze1954
breeze1954
Didn’t mean to alter the thread; but the headers are made to exact equal dimensions. Then you pick your silencer and just jet and tune the bike to match what you want. What you have coming in and what you have going out have to be in proportion with each other. That’s what I was taught anyway and it always seemed to work well for me. Though I do tend to run my old bikes a little rich now these days.
1 member likes this
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com