Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM EngineeringLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Welcome to BritBike Forum!
Britbike forum logo
Member Spotlight
jawthree
jawthree
Akron ohio
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Thread Like Summary
jjdavidson, ricochetrider
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#830709 11/23/2020 2:30 AM
by ricochetrider
ricochetrider
Long story but today I drove 2.5 hours from home to pick up a gift from a lady I never met. Her father's bike, a 66 6TA. She thought that he and I would have gotten along. I have no words to adequately express my gratitude for this.

[Linked Image from ricochetridersmotomojo.zenfolio.com]

I have a 66 6TA that doesn't have the proper front end on it

[Linked Image from ricochetridersmotomojo.zenfolio.com]

so my idea is to take what's missing from my bike off the new bike and make a complete Thunderbird. Unsure how far I'm going to go with it, seems there's more than one path forward from here. BTW her dad's bike came with a title. Yay. thumbsup

I know I need a wiring harness, among other things. Can you all point me towards a reliable resource for replacement parts, please?
Thanks.

Full story & more pics in my Boredom Chronicles thread in the Rod & Tappet, if anyone's interested.
Liked Replies
#830772 Nov 23rd a 01:23 PM
by Irish Swede
Irish Swede
'66 was the LAST year. They are rather rare, and some parts are one-year-only, so you are a very lucky guy.

I have only seen two of them for real, but both were Grenadier red and Alaska White.
1 member likes this
#830841 Nov 24th a 01:23 AM
by Mike Baker
Mike Baker
Nice, Tom. Sacrilege I'm sure but I cant help seeing the start of a race bike or dirt bike. Maybe because my favorite bikes began as something that looked like this one. I'm sure you'll do it justice!
1 member likes this
#830810 Nov 23rd a 08:29 PM
by AngloBike
AngloBike
Ace classics probably have much of what you need, but uk based
1 member likes this
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com